Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 announced! Now when can I get one?!
Witling

Samsung has created a page where you can sign up for news about the Galaxy S 4.

http://www.samsung.com/us/register/galaxy-s-4-smartphone/

0 Likes
pharaoh
Enthusiast - Level 3

"In anticipation of record sales, Samsung is blanketing the U.S. with its phone. The Galaxy S4 will be carried by AT&T, Cricket, C Spire, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, and will also be sold through Best Buy stores, Costco, RadioShack, Sam's Club, Staples, Target, and Walmart in the coming weeks.

Although each carrier and store will announce its own pricing structure for the smartphone, which Samsung makes in 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB capacities, expect an on-contract price starting at $199 for the 16GB version and about $50 more for double the internal storage."

http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-57579963-85/samsung-galaxy-s4-for-u.s-has-four-cores-not-eight/?tta...

0 Likes
Yabadabadooo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well no matter I will be buying the Galaxy S4 when it come out, off contract for sure so I can ditch Verizon as soon as my contract is up.  They enticed me with LTE originally and the Nation's fastest network but if they can't get this 'stuff' together and play nice with the rest of the world then what gives?  If this device was announced and released on time this decision would have been much different.  Why so high and mighty Verizon that you can't make a simple announcement as to your plans like to rest of the carriers?  Luckily the Verizon Galaxy S4 looks like it will come with HSDPA access so I can switch to another carrier!  Thanks VZW!

-Unsatisfied Customer

P.S. Thanks for not letting us keep our ""Grandfathered"" unlimited data as well!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yabadabadooo wrote:

Well no matter I will be buying the Galaxy S4 when it come out, off contract for sure so I can ditch Verizon as soon as my contract is up.  They enticed me with LTE originally and the Nation's fastest network but if they can't get this 'stuff' together and play nice with the rest of the world then what gives?  If this device was announced and released on time this decision would have been much different.  Why so high and mighty Verizon that you can't make a simple announcement as to your plans like to rest of the carriers?  Luckily the Verizon Galaxy S4 looks like it will come with HSDPA access so I can switch to another carrier!  Thanks VZW!

-Unsatisfied Customer

P.S. Thanks for not letting us keep our ""Grandfathered"" unlimited data as well!!

You do realize a Verizon Galaxy S 4 won't work on another carrier. Also nowhere did Verizon say you could keep unlimited data forever.

0 Likes
Yabadabadooo
Enthusiast - Level 2

A Verizon Galaxy S4 will work on another carrier as it supports GSM radio SIM cards and I will be buying the device unlocked so it will not be tied to VZW.  Also I do get to keep my unlimited data as I will be by buying the device outright....

C-Dog
Enthusiast - Level 2
VZW's about to lose some customers over this supposed May 30 S4 release: "Sprint will begin selling its version of Samsung's latest flagship on April 27th, with pre-orders being accepted starting tomorrow. The 16GB model of the Galaxy S4 will be sold for $249.99 on contract, and new Sprint subscribers who switch their service from another provider will get an additional $100 credit."

Some Kenny Powers-style advice for VZW: "GET ON IT!"

Also, note the ray of hope: "Samsung has announced the the US rollout will begin this month for ALL major carriers." DON'T DISAPPOINT, VZW!

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/17/samsung-galaxy-s4-coming-to-sprint-and-t-mobile-next-week

Let's hope that Staples memo is wrong wrt the VZW release date.  I got the Thunderbolt on its release date in April 2011 and am not out-of-contract (along with all those other Tbolt users).  Sprint stands to make a killing on disappointed VZW customers who won't be punked into being last to get the latest.

If VZW wants to impress its customers, here's the opportunity!

AZSALUKI
Legend

they might lose a few, but i doubt 3 days and $100 is enough to sway customers to sprint. i have friends with the note II on sprint. comparing mine to theirs is like night and day. $100 off for a phone that you'll have for nearly 2 years is about $4/month that it saves you. sprints speed and coverage just isn't worth it (in my area anyway).

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yeah sure sure.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Um no they won't be losing many customers. Most people are mature enough to not switch carriers over a 1 month wait.

Yabadabadooo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I suppose this is why people have the opportunity to make their own choices.  I do not agree that choosing another carrier based on their device offerings as immature, but more of a mature evaluation of products and services offered by each carrier.  I have been with Verizon for over 12 years now and making a choice to switch carriers is not a on the whim decision.