Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 announced! Now when can I get one?!
Raptor007
Enthusiast - Level 2

The GN2 is a great device even at 720p display, its the lack of internal storage that kills it.  I had it for 2 months but just could not deal with the lack of storage.  Android devices need a minimum of 32GB regardless of microSD card slots.

Raptor007
Enthusiast - Level 2

We know that Verizon hasn't announced it, Verizon never announces anything with other carriers and likely won't until all of the other major US carriers have announced and/or launched theirs.  Why must Verizon be last, I am seriously considering porting my number to AT&T just so I can get the phones I want when I want and not be encumbered by carrier delays and locked down devices I paid for.

Raptor007
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would gladly order a developer edition GS4 from Samsung directly, BUT, when will they offer it?  How long after the GS3 did a developer edition arrive for Verizon?

0 Likes
aWitling
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apparently U.S. Cellular has also announced an April 16 pre-order date. The article speculates that the phones will actually ship in late April.

http://www.androidauthority.com/verizon-galaxy-s4-fcc-global-roaming-181380/

0 Likes
Vincent_328
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm eligible for upgrade now, will be off my contract in 3 months. Everyone else will have launched the GS4 by then, but I'm not sure Verizon will have. If they get their act together and release it in the next 30-40 days I'll renew and stay for a further 2 years, otherwise I'm going for an HTC One with AT&T.

0 Likes
aWitling
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ah, Verizon. The company I love to hate. Most locked down phones in the industry. When you think of the HTC One, my understanding of the matter is that it's not clear that Verizon will offer it. I'm really torn between the S4 and the One. Too bad Verizon hasn't said doodoo about either. The company I love to hate. Until now I've stayed here because of family group tethering. But, as more of us get unlimited phone calls, I hope to shake the dust of Verizon off my feet. Did I mention that Verizon is the company that I ......

bobman32

Right now Verizon's "flagship" android phones were released over 5 months ago. AT&T is being loud and proud about offering the HTC One and Samsung S4 this month, but have not heard anything from Verizon. Makes me want to switch.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

has at&t released anything special in the past 5 months? i hear what your saying, but verizon never announces things as early as the other carriers. a couple months ago we were all told the One would be out in march on all the other carriers, and some verizon customers threw a fit. still no One as far as i know, on any US carrier yet? verizon announces when they KNOW they can sell and ship it to their customers.

whysoserious32

Well according to a photo from staples that was leaked it has it we can get the S4 on May 30th.. This is just obscured in every possible way, verizon is getting crapped on by pitiful carriers like T-Mobile and claim to be the best on the market.  I don't understand how Veizon can release new phones over a month after its competitors and call themselves a business. Lucky it's the only worthy carrier in Iowa or I'd mail my phone to verizon <Profanity deleted and image removed per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
aWitling
Enthusiast - Level 2

A little salt in the wounds.

http://www.androidauthority.com/us-cellular-samsung-galaxy-s4-pre-order-191622/http://  US Cellular S4 Pre-Orders Start

http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s4-models-verizon-att-sprint-t-mobile-u-s-cellular-samsung-we...  Galaxy S$ Models for the various phone companies, including Verizon are listed on Samsung's Web site

0 Likes