0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 NG6 Upgrade Issues GPS/SD/Battery
stef7
Master - Level 2

I meant NG6. Sorry.

0 Likes
EdFromOhio

Put me down for another user having these issues.  It reboots several times an hour and I can't swipe left or right after unlocking about 80% of the time.

Verizon, Safe Mode did stop my phone from rebooting.  I'm not about to do a factory reset on this and lose everything.  I've heard there is an update currently being worked on.  Is that true, and if so, when can we expect it to be released?

Thank you.

0 Likes
vstjames
Contributor - Level 1

Turning Location off, then on again or just turning it on resets it to High Accuracy automatically. At least on mine. I no longer have a switch for GPS. Where it used to read GPS, it now reads Location in its place.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

OK, thanks for the info.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

You have to ask yourself, what "magic" would be included in another update to stop someone's device that took the NG6 update from rebooting? ...It's even possible, you'd have to do a factory reset prior or post THAT update. Follow?

And you don't know how long it would be or even if one is really in the works...

If it were me, I'd back up important content and do the FDR. Or I guess keep running the phone in Safe mode for an indeterminate amount of time. For you, those appear to be your choices.

I also HIGHLY doubt anyone is going to be able here to tell you authoritatively if and when another update would be forthcoming.

tbo27
Master - Level 2

Yeah go ahead and immediately do the fdr after full backup.  Thanks a bunch

0 Likes
EdFromOhio

I'm not looking for magic, I'm looking for this to be fixed quickly given the magnitude of the problem.  Verizon should be able to correct or roll back certain changes they've put into place.  As a software developer, I always make backups and notes of everything that's changed from version to version, and I highly doubt Verizon is any different.  It doesn't take a lot of time to roll something back yet giving it a newer number so the phone doesn't reject the update as something older than what it currently has, thus not needing to go to a previous version first.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Well no doubt vzw is putting together a fix/rollback right now.  Hundreds of software developers are working pretty much around the clock to get this corrected.

0 Likes
joonhyuk
Contributor - Level 1

And your source confirming that they are working on it is whom?

Sorry this is not going to be fixed quite soon at all IMO. This is a limited issue with a subset of customers they are not focused on at the moment.

They are more interested in people buying their newest devices ie. Droid Turbo, Moto X, Galaxy S5 and the Note 4.

All of which are going to be updated to Android 5.0 THIS YEAR.

The S4 is going to be updated, I confirmed with the Samsung Store rep at Best Buy, however, this won't be happening until NEXT YEAR. Giving us 5-6 months of waiting for a viable firmware after both Samsung and Verizon pushed this broken update on our devices.

Unacceptable, if you TRULY CARE about your customers you would OPENLY DISCUSS you are working on a fix.