Samsung Galaxy S3 Signal Problems
rdell2013
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded from the HTC Thunderbolt to the S3 and man am I disappointed.  The signal is extremely weak and makes it so I cannot make calls at times.  Sometimes cannot even get a text message to go through.  Just terrible signal quality all around.  Wifes old Thunderbolt works like a champ compared to my S3.   Been into the store in Cary, NC where when they called support they actually admitted a defect in the S3 and said replace the SIM which they did.  They told me if the problem persists to call support and not come into the store (Pretty poor customer service response).  The new SIM did not solve the problem and I called in the next time to support who replaced the phone.  That did not resolve either so they again replaced the phone and the problem still occurs.  I have also done factory resets on each of the 3 phones which did nothing to resolve either.  When I called about 2 weeks ago they said after each "bad" call press ### Send.  Which I did and continue to do.  The tech said he would call me back on 7/18. He never did.  I have called again today and as usual you have to explain from scratch the entire issue and then get to level 2 support and do the same again as Verizon apparently does not utilize a call tracking/ticketing software very well or they just close your ticket each time as resolved even if it is not resolved.   So yesterday I called and went through it all again and the tech is supposed to call me in 5-7 days, but I doubt I will ever hear back. I even offered to pay the normal upgrade fee to get a same or better phone.  I'm not even looking to get out of my contract unless as a last resort to get something that works.  What I think I will do now is only correspond via email so there is a trail I can provide them each time, then if needed file an FCC complaint if still no resolution.  Please do the right thing and help me Verizon.  I am beyond frustrated and should not have to go through this again and again just get get what I am paying for.  Seems to me Verizon is not meeting the terms of the contract.

0 Likes