Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Battery Dying Extremely Fast - After 4.3 Update
FMSNE
Enthusiast - Level 1

My battery does not drain as quickly as those above but my phone will die be near death in four hours without any use. I put my phone is airplane mode with all wifi and Data abilities turned off. This still drains the battery some days it dies other days at 30%. My phone also sparatically shuts off with a quick flickering of the screen. It does not have physical or liquid damage. Any suggestions to my problem?

0 Likes
14u2c
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im in the same spot with battery trouble after the update. This sux. Down to 30% in 20 to 35 min. Sprint is looking real good to me right now. My contract is up very soon... And why the firmware update that has to do with canada roaming issues? I would like the kitkat update that everyone else is getting... Everyone cant afford a new phone every year especially with Verizons high cost. Every other carrier is cheaper with quicker and better updates.....Sprint/T-mobile here I come

AlAir1

My battery began to drain as described above right after I got the latest Android update 2 days ago (Build JSS15J.I535VRUCNC1, 5/14/2014). The battery used to last 2-3 days, suddenly it would drain in 12 hours or less. I've turned off the email synch as described by arnno, I'll see how it works for me.  The description of the problem certain matches my situation exactly.

0 Likes
realbeerad

I'm also experiencing the super fast battery draining. I've gone crazy deleting things, turning things off, clearing caches and histories. I've bought new batteries and chargers. The sync problem sounds logical, but is not my only problem. The phone (s3) will not charge above 87%. It also takes much longer to charge than it used to. When typing it lags and makes mistakes. Sometimes the screen does not follow my commands but does something different. The bottom of my phone gets extremely hot. My phone acts like it has a bad processor now. My phone has no physical or liquid damage.

0 Likes
kimpriramarihan

You blame the email. But I did not had ths problem with the previous versio. It started whe I update to the new version. It seems that every update somerhing goes wrong. And the common respond from verizon is we can not do anything about because it is not our update. The way I see it if verizon is selling a product they responsible. At tree his time any phone comapny sound better than verizon to me, I am serelously thinking of changing and take lwgal action with verizon.

0 Likes
popskillz39

What if the "Sync E-Mail" option is greyed out???

0 Likes