Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 4.3 update issues and more
boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

I am jealous that your phone updated with no problems. I am having problems galore with my s3 like app crashing and battery draining that I want to be fixed. I would not have cared if I have gotten 4.4 on my phone but I only care because of these problems I am having.

0 Likes
jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

As I've posted elsewhere, the solution to making 4.3 work for you may be to finding those apps with unusually high battery usage and uninstalling them if they are not critically necessary to how you use your Galaxy S III. Also, I found that some of the high-end data optimizers and system security apps that I had installed were slowing down the performance of my S III without being necessary to how I use my S III on a day-to-day basis. I guess less is best, knowing what you need and what you can do without, to having a mobile device that's both productive and enjoyable.

boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

I do not think I have too many of those apps. I do not use virus scanner apps performance apps or anything that would drain my battery other than juice defender. I fix should come soon.

0 Likes
rudeguyy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have seen people do a hard reset on their phones and have no apps at all and still have similar issues. For me I know the issue is the wifi because whenever I keep getting the wifi is unstable message that is when my battery life is the worst. I've also noticed if I turn off my wifi the battery life improves and my phones charges faster. But unfortunately since Verizon made me downgrade to paying for a data package that is no longer an option.

0 Likes
rsstoner
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am starting a social media war with Samsung Mobile USA on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/SamsungMobileUSA?filter=2

Please Join Me! Keep in mind, please be respectful when posting. List all your grievances so they either roll out the new update quicker – KitKat 4.4 or rollback to the earlier version. Thank you.,

0 Likes
cowboychincs
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK... done... but I doubt this will do any good.... but heck... worth a try...

0 Likes
StinkEye

Somebody's asleep on the job!! Verizon hit the snooze and so did Samdung, yes, SamDUNG. WHY didn't somebody provide a 1-page summary of the most critical changes made?

I just dropped 2 hours of my day into Verizon's Garbage Can, euphemism for f*d up tech support. The first techhie was a lovely and bright unknowledgeable person, the second was an idiot unknowledgeable, and the third was a Tier 2 Brainiac who solved my case in under 15 minutes, including crediting my account.

Samdung, yes, SamDUNG!, pushed out that Dec 2013 update after fixing and changing having changed who-knows-what. It turned off my auto-connect wi-fi, even though it reported wi-fi was on in the status bar. Hence my gigs trippled in just a few weeks. It took Teir 2 Brainiac just a few minutes to remote host, understand the source of the problem, fix it and give me an extra gig for the enormous inconvenience. I absolutely love competent people and that guy is a fierce force of competence! SamDUNG, on the other hand, and Verizon, you must do better!!! Please make it a no-brainer for me to remain your loyal customer.

0 Likes
cowboychincs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hmmmm... well, after reading all of the hundreds of posts in multiple threads, this is the first time I have heard of a phone actually being 'fixed'... and many of  us have gone through the same steps as you outlined above... StinkEye.... care to give us any hints as to "how" he fixed your phone?   VZW... how about you?  Any hints???

0 Likes
foff667

I've had issues as well with the new update, thought it was an app I installed or something so I reset to factory and still had a major lag with the touchscreen, to the point where I've completely stopped using the phone and use my work phone for everything now(ATT), pretty sad that they won't fix the issue or even allow going back to previous version which worked very well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

StinkEye,

We always want you to be aware of all the updates' details. I am pleased to confirm we offer the summary you mentioned, in addition to much more information about your phone. Here is the link for it http://vz.to/1lSguqk . This is always available on our page, and it updates as soon as there is an update so our customers are well informed. It can be accessed from our Support page http://bit.ly/yN1P80

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes