Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 4.3 update issues and more
aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

With the rumor of Kit Kat 4.4 coming to the GS3 I honestly think they will try writing this off as if it never happened. So what do we get?? Absolutely nothing. I truly hope this is not the case. However I've yet to see anything to make me think otherwise. Nothing but denial and avoidance. I'm being patient only because I wrote Verizon Corporate and complained to the FCC. After I receive follow up (if I do) then I'll decide if I'm remaining a customer or not. At this point in time I'm leaning towards jumping ship as this is clearly not being handled properly. They are not doing anything for the paying end users. This is not customer satisfaction. This is truly disappointing.

boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

to be honest i think my battery has gotten even worse since i first got the update. it was really bad when i got the update but now it is even worse. someone needs to do something and a factory reset is not the answer. so will nothing happen until 4.4 comes out. do you think verizon and samsung know but do not want to do anything about the problem.

rudeguyy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree with Rob on this one. They are going to sweep it under the carpet like nothing has happened. It's been months since this release has been out there and it hasn't been fixed on any carrier or any phone. Either they have no idea how to fix it or at this point they simply don't care. If something was going to be done I would think by now there would have been some formal announcement from Samsung/Verizon/Google or anybody for that matter.

boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

so stupid. they are playing I have not heard of any problems game and we refuse to fix it so you can but a newer smartphone.

badon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not even phone savvy but by simply googling my problem I have found tons of people with the same problem. They know about it.

0 Likes
boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

well then why have they not said anything about a fix coming out. if they know about it why have they not announced a fix for the s3 then.

0 Likes
virg1940

I'm also having the same issues mentioned here and am completely fed up with you people at Verizon if you are even reading this!  My main issues have to do with WiFi connectivity -- keep getting messages that my internet connection is unstable (even tho it is fine on my computer), keeps scanning for WiFi, says it is waiting for the IP address, but if I look at the WiFi it says signal is strong and there is an IP displayed.  Not having battery issues as some here.  I have been a Verizon customer for over 10 years and started with a Blackberry, switched to Samsung S3 2 years ago and have been happy with it until this release 4.3.  If the bugs are not fixed in a timely manner with a new release I will also not recommend Verizon to friends or family and will probably switch carriers.

0 Likes
boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

what is Verizon doing to fix 4.3 problems with the s3 lake battery drain and app crashes NOTHING!!!!!

0 Likes
ZachM

Yeah, Matty. You should use the upgrade. Verizon would love you if you did. They would show their love for you by charging you more and capping your data! HAHA. I'm on an old unlimited plan and I use more than the top plan allows for so I have bought cash my last two Phones, Thunderbolt and Galaxy S III, and will continue to do so until Verizon forces me to change to another plan. Then I'll leave them after 10 years since they will have shown me all the respect I need to see. Corporations have no soul. They are there to keep the stockholders happy. If that means cutting something or making the deal sweeter for then, please don't think that your unhappiness matters. I worked for a bank and they would jack up the interest earned on an interest bearing checking, get a bunch of customers new money in, get them a ton of different services and accounts set-up (money market, debit card, direct deposit, etc) then drop the rate to next to nothing. Some people would leave, but most stay because it's a lot of work to change all that stuff over again. Like I said, no soul

0 Likes
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

This is really strange. My S3 updated and I love it. Battery is excellent!!! No problem with data usage. Calls, etc. are great. The flashing notification can be turned off. you still can toggle your data on and off by the pull down menu.  Could it be that some apps are not compatible and interfering with this upgrade?  As, I have apps downloaded, but no crappy ones like Facebook, etc.  Just a thought.   Oh, my update was in January.