Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 4.3 update issues and more
MetDetDJ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not true about your upgrade eligibility... my eligibility wasn't up until November 2104 but this new Verizon promotion allows you to upgrade NOW.  I ordered a new Galaxy S4 Monday morning via the website with online Verizon live chat support.  I asked if everyone was eligible and she replied yes.

The phone will arrive Wednesday.  I received a $50 discount immediately.  I will receive at least a $100 Verizon gift card once I turn in my old phone which brings the price of the S4 to $99.  Yes, you will be agreeing to a new 2 year contract.

MetDetDJ
Enthusiast - Level 3

The promotion is called Trade In & Trade Up.  All Verizon customers are eligible regardless of your remaining length on your contract.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/

aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

You might also be eligible for the new Edge program which you can only do in store as your current phone gets traded in. All you pay is the first monthly charge up front. Essentially it's the cost of the phone divided by 24 months added to your monthly plan. Then you can trade in as early as 6 months to get another new phone. It costs more, but allows you to get the latest and greatest. Or in this case get rid of a phone that worked great prior to the 4.3 update.

VladTheImpaler
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have 2 Verizon Galaxy S3 phones.  We had not seen the warnings and updated them 2 weeks ago.  We have had abysmal battery drain since then but no other problems.  I've been reading threads on this site and others since the update.  There has never been a definitive solution posted for the problem so we did nothing.  My wife's phone battery would discharge in <8 hours with minimal use.  Mine was a little better.  On a couple of threads I saw screenshots of phone battery usage statistics.  When at the battery-draining worst, my wife's Android OS percentage was 61% and mine was 53%.

Over the last 48 hours, the problem seems to have improved.  I have changed nothing on either phone and can claim no credit.  My current battery stats look like this:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/VladTheImpaler42/Screenshot_zps35c6c0d5.png

My wife's usage stats show Android OS is 12%.

Where should those usage percentages optimally be?

katalinagirl
Enthusiast - Level 3

>>Post removed; discussion of rooting/hacking devices is prohibited on this forum.  Please review the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
mattyshore
Contributor - Level 1

And if this is the case will I loose the unlimited data plan that I currently was able to keep?

bearone21
Legend

yes, unless you pay full retail.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Upgrading is exciting mattyshore. I also know the importance of knowing your data plan options. I would like to clarify your unlimited data concerns. If you currently have an unlimited data plan and upgrade, you would be required to change to our new data pricing. To view our current plans, click http://bit.ly/xdDajD

The only way to keep your grandfathered unlimited data is by purchasing a new phone at full retail or through a third party. I understand it can be pricey to pay full retail for a new phone, so we also offer a device payment plan to help. For more info click, http://vz.to/ZILXBT

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
MetDetDJ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't fall for that - Verizon will throttle your data if you go pass a

certain amount on their old unlimited plans now.

On Feb 4, 2014 8:36 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

Dajjmq
Enthusiast - Level 2

the ability to turn your mobile data off an on did not go away..it is just hidden from the Navigation main page.  To reveal it, you just have to select the icon on the upper right hand corner of the screen (after you have revealed the navigation screen by swiping from the top of the screen)