Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - 4.3 Update WiFi issues
BinaryBoy87
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had several issues as well since the android update in Jan, my WiFi is constantly dropping, the web browser seems to be more unstable, battery life took a huge hit as now I have to charge twice a day plus other issues! When is Verizon going to get these problems RESOLVED and push out a fix? I loved my Galaxy S3 before this latest update was forced on my phone and now I'm considering moving to another carrier. As a long time Verizon customer and IT Professional I would have expected much more in regards to testing these updates before pushing them out. Its been very disappointing, it would have been one thing to have a fix roll out in a few weeks (because I can relate to rolling out an update that has unforeseen complications) but now we are going on almost 3 months here and I'm having to burn more data than normal because I can't use my WiFi. Simply Unacceptable!

JacqueEvon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was really hoping there was a fix for this, but I'm glad to know it's not just me having issues. I just discovered my boyfriend is paying the same amount through AT&T for 5 phones with 10GB that I pay Verizon for two phones with 4GB, so that on top of these issues are definitely making me lean towards switching to AT&T and back to an iPhone as soon as my contract is up.

0 Likes
GlxyS3

I was having the same issues.  I found this solution on another forum.  I have found it works, but I have to do it every time I want to connect to a new network.  (it seems to save the setting for previously connected).

-Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery).

-Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.

-When the device vibrates; release only the Power key while still holding the other two keys.

-When the Android system recovery menu displays; release the Volume Up and the Home key.

-Navigate with the Volume keys to the "wipe cache partition" option and press the Power key to select.

-Wait for the cache is cleared. While reboot system now is highlighted, press the Power key and reboot the device.

This worked for me. I hope it works for you.

0 Likes
StinkEye

Samdung, yes, SamDUNG!, pushed out that Dec 2013 update after fixing and changing who-knows-what. It turned off my auto-connect wi-fi, even though it reported wi-fi was on in the status bar. Hence my gigs trippled in just a few weeks. It took Teir 2 Brainiac just a few minutes to remote host, understand the source of the problem, fix it and give me an extra gig for the enormous inconvenience. Samdung added an advance settings page that includes auto-connect Wi-Fi. Go there and click the box. it will fix your problem.

0 Likes
mostmuscular
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had tried this suggestion but it did NOT work for me.  I am still experiencing the same issues.

0 Likes
mostmuscular
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do you get to this advanced settings page?  I go to advanced settings and I don't see a choice for auto-connect Wi-Fi.

0 Likes
rsstoner
Enthusiast - Level 2

Duplicate post - please see:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1063074#1063074

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes