Samsung Galaxy S20 Video Calling
MikeS54
Enthusiast - Level 2

Afternoon everyone,

I purchased the Galaxy S20 from Samsung about a month ago (unlocked version since Verizon didn't have the regular S20, only + and Ultra) and after messing with it, i noticed i don't have the options in the Phone settings for HD calls and Video Calling.  I do have the WiFi calling option though.

Was wondering if anyone else saw the same issue?  Verizon had mentioned i may need an updated 5G SIM card for the features, but i haven't made it to the store to check. 

Can anyone verify if they have the HD voice option and Video calling options on a 5G SIM?  Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S20 Video Calling
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The HD Voice option is a pretty handy feature, MikeS54. To confirm, you have the Samsung S20 not the Samsung S20 5G UW, correct? Have you reached back out to Samsung? When was the last time you checked to see if there is a current software update pending? 

0 Likes
MikeS54
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, correct, the Samsung S20 5G unlocked from Samsung directly.  The device has been updated with the latest updates.  A technician from Verizon said that since it's not flashed with Verizon's ROM, some of those features are missing.  There's no way to get them back.  I guess this can be used as an FYI for anyone wanting to by an unlocked device direct from Samsung.  

Now I'll know the next time i go to buy an unlocked phone. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the confirmation, MikeS54. An unlocked device directly from the manufacturer can have some limitations when compared to a branded device containing specific bloatware/features. It happens, and on your next device purchase, please don't hesitate to reach out first with any questions. We'd be happy to assist.   JoeyM_VZW

0 Likes
ASU_knowIT_All

The one thing I find interesting is that my unlocked Pixel works with these features.

Having the same problems with my wife's S20

0 Likes
MikeS54
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, so I've basically had to start using Duo and tell friends and family to use it as well.  Not bad, but just another app everyone has to install

0 Likes