Samsung Galaxy S III not staying charged
amanda1974

My cell phone has not being staying charged for about 4 days now. It's taking too long to charge. And sometimes it wont charge at all. I've done a soft reset, I've taken my battery out and I've tried different cords. I finally got it to charge last night....It was at 3% when I went to bed. I woke up around 2am, and it was at 57% and it made it to 96% by the time I got up this morning. I unplugged it and within 2 hours it was down to 37%. Do I need to get a new battery? Is my phone defective? I've had it since March 2013. It's not even a year old yet. What is my next step?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S III not staying charged
parth212
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since you got it this year you should contact tech support, i also am having a battery issue, but for some reason mine is draining much faster than it should ( i only keep wifi on at home / Data on at work) GPS and bluetooth are turned off. I just ordered 2 extended batteries a generic 4500 mah and a zerolemon 7000mah...

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

the charger or the wall socket could be bad....or, are you charging with usb....not a terribly efficient way of charging.

I charge my phone in the off position with the wall charger.

0 Likes
Samsung Galaxy S III not staying charged
amanda1974

I'm using my wall charger and I've also tried my husbands wall charger and have tried different outlets. As of right now, it's at 1% and even though its been plugged in for hours, it only gets to about 7% then as soon as I unplug it and use it for less that an hour, it goes down to zero then turns off. 😞 I hate, HATE calling tech or customer service at Verizon, but as soon as I build up my nerves then I am going to call today and try to get a new battery sent to me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Amanda1974,

Let's locate your missing charge! Save the call, we can help here. Any liquid or physical damage to the device? Have you downloaded any new applications to the device? Keep me posted

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes