Samsung Galaxy S III gps not working after 4.3 update
john_smith178

After i unfortunately installed the 4.3 software update to my Verizon Galaxy S3 the Navigation app changed and now will not work at all. It will only occasionally lock on to my current location but when i type in my desired destination this is all that happens (see picture at bottom), this will go on for hours and never work/pull up directions. Please tell me how to fix this? I seriously need my GPS to work.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S III gps not working after 4.3 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

john_smith178,

Good thing we've got an arsenal of tools on this end to fix anything. So there are a couple of tips and tricks I'd like to share. First, please clear application data and uninstall updates for Google Maps (apps > settings > application manager > all > maps > clear data and uninstall updates). Then restart the device and test. If that doesn't work, please backup your important information and perform a hard reset http://vz.to/1bk6pIG

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mnmred19

any suggestions? My flashlight activates every time I received an update....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see how that can get annoying, mnmred19. To stop the flash from going off, go to Settings > Notifications > Turn ON flash notifications then after five minutes turn OFF flash notifications. This will trigger the device to recognize the change and take care of the pesky flash.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
wrp178

I had the same problem horrible gps signal. The way I fixed it was to tighten the 10 body screws underneath the battery cover. .

0 Likes
Pirigyijr

try going into your GOOGLE SETTINGS

go to SEARCH & NOW

turn OFF GOOGLE NOW

This worked for me on my Samsung SIII

2014-07-20 02.11.50.png

then

2014-07-20 02.11.59.png

2014-07-20 02.30.34.png

0 Likes