Samsung Galaxy S III Text Messaging Problems
reggie9789

My problem started 3 days ago. All of a sudden one of my contacts does not receive my text messages and I don't receive his. No error in sending comes up on my phone when I send a message to him he just simply doesn't get it. Its so weird because I don't have a problems with text messaging sending or receiving with any other contact. He has an AT&T iphone ios7 and I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III. We've both had these phones for months and never had a problem. We've tried turning our phones off and back on. We've both checked to see if one of us had blocked a number that wasn't the case. We've deleted each other as contacts and left the 1 at the beginning off or put it back in. He's reset his network settings and nothing! A few months ago when I switched from sprint to verizon I had a problem sending or receiving text messages from any one who didn't have verizon. The solution was turning my old and new phone off and then just turning on the new one. The problem was resolved. I was thinking this may be the problem but I hadn't ever had my old phone back on. So I tried the same thing anyway turning my old phone on and then both phones off and just turning the new one on. I still can't send and receiving text messages from him. I can call him and it works great. But this not being able to text him is getting really annoying! Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? 

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S III Text Messaging Problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

reggie9789,
I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with text messages on your device with one individual. If you have a long thread of text messages with this individual I would erase the thread and try sending a brand new message, where you type in the number (not from the contact). Make sure that you have removed the battery out of your device and try again as well. I am confident this will help your texting issue.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes