Samsung Galaxy S III Reception Issues
VTChuckwagon

In the last several months, my cell reception has gone from decent to awful.  The reception quality varies around town, but is the worst in my home.  My wife also has Verizon, but has a iPhone 4S with NO issues.  Most of the time, I do not even receive a call in my house, but I will just get a notification of a voicemail.  Once that happens, I have to wander around my house to find any signal to call to check my messages.  In addition, if I want to make a call, I have to stay in one place and not move at all or the call with be dropped.  In some cases, the call still drops anyway.

I have been to the Verizon store twice, where they have checked my network settings as well as replaced my SIM card.  Neither of those "fixes" have resolved my problem.  Please let me know what can be done to improve this service as I am "stuck" with this phone for another year.

Regards,

Chuck

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S III Reception Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey VTChuckwagon,

I'm sorry for the signal issues that you are having inside your home. Let's get you a more consistent signal.

Signal indoors may be tricky due to the overall construction of the building and other surrounding environmental factors. I know that you said your wife's iPhone 4s has no issues but each device responds differently in different areas due to antenna placement.

What zip code does this occur in? Does service improve outside of this area? One thing I would try is to power off the device and remove and reinsert the sim card,http://vz.to/18IEu61.

Keep us updated with results.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
VTChuckwagon

The zip code is 23832. My signal improves when I drive a couple miles down

the road. Removing/replacing the SIM card does not improve the service at

all. I have already replaced the SIM card at the Verizon store.

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi VTChuckwagon!

Thanks for the zip code information. I have reviewed the area and I see that portions of this zip code are located in the extended network.

This means that the service is not that of Verizon Wireless, but is the service of another carrier. You are not billed for roaming charges for using your phone in this location, but we are given no details on tower locations or coverage. This is only because you are using another carrier's network.
Let's pinpoint your location, so we can determine what is going on once and for all. Are you near 653 & 288?

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
VTChuckwagon

No, I am farther west, west of 360 and 621.

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 6:06 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details! I would like to take a closer look at this area. Please accept my follow request and follow me back. Then send me a private message with your mobile number so that I can help!

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW

0 Likes
VTChuckwagon

I have sent you a direct message (5 days ago).  Please let me know if you can assist...

0 Likes
VTChuckwagon

Just send another follow-up direct message as I still have not received a response.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello VTChuckWagon. I just sent you a message.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW

0 Likes
jpminew

Hi Chuck

Did your issue get resolved?  I'm having the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy SIII.   I live 1/2 mile from the verizon tower and always got 4-5 bars and now I'm lucky if we get 1-2.  They have replaced my sim card, did a soft restart and a factory reset to no avail.  My co-worker can be standing next to me with their iphone and get 4 bars to my 1-2.  They are telling me that Samsung has a poor signal reception.  If that is the case why is it only the last couple of months that I've had an issue. 

Paula

0 Likes