Samsung Galaxy 5 intermitently not recieving text from iphone on same account
RYAYOU95

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5, My wife has I phone 5s.  Intermittently (more often lately) i am not receiving text messages from my wife.  We are both on the same plan. She receives my messages and her phone shows the conversation both ways. but my phone is not receiving the messages? It is getting frustrating. Quite often causing undue anger towards me  because she thinks I am ignoring her! Any Ideas for a solution? I've read other forums and come up empty!

Thank You

Ryan

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy 5 intermitently not recieving text from iphone on same account
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are either of you using Verizon Messages?  Various issues reported lately due to app updates.  The latest version is 6.4.4.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy 5 intermitently not recieving text from iphone on same account
RYAYOU95

I assume it is Verizon Messages? I use the default message app on my phone. I believe she uses the default app on iphone? I know she uses imessage with other iphone users.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Messages is a red and white app; Samsung's stock text app is yellow and white.

0 Likes
RYAYOU95

Then it is the Default samsung app. I just downloaded google messenger. figured I would give it a try

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ryayou95, being able to get in contact with loved ones at all times is important. Let's get to the bottom of your text messaging concerns. When did this start? When you do not receive the text messages from your wife, has she verified the messages from her iPhone are being sent via SMS and not iMessage? Does she receive an error message on her phone when you do not receive the text message?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Did you previously have an iPhone?  If so, you need to remove your number from the iMessage system.

0 Likes