Re: Samsung GS3 Battery Drain after 4.3 update
Puttygutt

Rudeguyy -

I understand.  This is the only setting I messed with.  I noticed the option was disabled on the ribbon bar today.  After I turned it on, my power performance improved greatly.  Did you compare the battery drain with it off and then on for a period?  Also, the battery charges a lot faster with it ON.  Who knows what the issue is.    I will see how the battery life is this weekend and report back. 

0 Likes
sculter50
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anything been resolved on this issue my battery drains very quickly now and the phone gets hot very quickly. 

rudeguyy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Charging hasn't been a problem for me..just the draining part..it's been pretty much the same no matter what..just sometimes worse then others when it will randomly get hot without me even using the phone like its running the whole time or something

0 Likes
pizzapablo
Contributor - Level 1

@ JenniferH_VZW ,

What a silly response! If you do not have anything, more helpful, than old links and "Are you still using the original home charger for your phone too? That can have a large effect on your battery life as well.", please don't say anything.

How does not having the original charger increase battery drain???

If the battery is at 100%, how does it matter which charger got it there?

I sure wish I would have seen this thread, BEFORE letting the wife's SGS3 update to 4.3!

Battery drain is at 1% down, every 4 minutes

I tried Factory Resetting, but no improvement.

This is just stupid! Obviously a rush job! Aren't such things tested, prior to putting them out to customers???

(EYES LOOKING UP!)

pizzapablo
Contributor - Level 1

More silly advice from our Support Team!

1% BATTERY DRAIN EVERY 4 MINUTES IN STANDBY!!!

THAT IS THE ISSUE!

NO, AdaS_VZW, I don't have any of those stupid apps, unless bloatware included!

How was this "update" not vetted properly, before roll-out???

Brew83
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just upgraded last night to the new update and I am having extreme battery problems.  Battery is losing power while charging.  I just did a factory reset and it didn't help.  This is beyond ridiculous. If the phone doesn't work we shouldn't have to pay for the service. If there is a way to uninstall the update I would be happy.

ChrisWW123
Enthusiast - Level 2

I updated a few days ago and definetely notice battery drain.  Sitting in my chair this morning after charging my phone all night, I'm down to 88% battery after about 15-20 minutes.  Nothing on my phone has changed EXCEPT the 4.3 update I received a few days ago.  So Verizon is the slowest company to push new versions of Android to our phones and when they do get around to it, it doesn't work right and drains our battery.  Wow, that is pretty bad. 

ChrisWW123
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE:  So remember above I said I was at 88% right?  I put my phone into standby mode for about 5-10 minutes while reading more posts, then brought phone out of standby to see if my level dropped, but it actually went UP 1% to 89%!  I've never seen that happen before.  While doing this after less then a minute, my level dropped back to 88%.  And my wifi did not come on as it did before the update.  Just sitting here for a few minutes power dropped 1% again and I am doing NOTHING on it.

0 Likes
Dewey3k
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have noticed occassional up-blips since the update too. I assume the

battery meter app is a bit defective.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Dewey3k wrote:

I have noticed occassional up-blips since the update too. I assume the

battery meter app is a bit defective.

I have seen this occur on more than one device including the Nexus 7 tablet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes