Re: Samsung GS3 Battery Drain after 4.3 update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're worried about an 8% drop in a little over an hour in which your screen was likely on the whole time?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Dewey3k
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting. I don't see "Google Services". For me that usually racks up

10-15% of battery use.

0 Likes
pizzapablo
Contributor - Level 1

This is after a factory reset, halting all non-essential apps, moving what apps I could to the sd card, wiping cash, selecting power saving mode and installing an extended battery.

With the standard battery the drain was 1% every 4 minutes!

Would you be satisfied with that?

Am I worried? No.

Disgusted? Very much so!

This is a travesty!

To take a device in perfect working condition and "update" it with mandatory, defective software is ridiculous!

Is there no testing, prior to implementation???

pizzapablo
Contributor - Level 1

I had turned off google services, but it cautioned me to turn it back on about 30 minutes prior to the screenshot.

0 Likes
aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

It would be nice if your phone went back to normal after 24 hours....but given the number of failures with the 4.3 update I doubt this will be the case. Didn't want you to get your hopes up. It's been 24 days for me. That would include Safe mode, a Factory data reset, running nothing but pre-installed apps....I've tried everything including changing Developer options. My phone still has terrible battery life and gets hot when I'm not even using it (among a list of other annoying glitches).

0 Likes
JackTri
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a fix for this battery problem? The phone is basically useless after the update!

aztommygun
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just signed in to add myself and my wife to the long list of upset customers who, trusting Verizon and Samsung, installed the latest 4.3 "update" and now have uselessly short battery life. It's down to half of what it was before the update and I cannot make it through the day, when previously I was able to get 24 hours easy.

I sincerely hope some engineer somewhere is tasked with figuring out what they turned on in the background that now eats the battery like a hungry shark. Whenever I check "Battery" it tells me its the "Android OS" but I have no idea what to do about it. What a crock!!

pizzapablo
Contributor - Level 1

No.

0 Likes
pizzapablo
Contributor - Level 1

I plan to call vzw and inform them that my bill will be paid, when this issue is resolved, properly.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

pizzapablo wrote:

I plan to call vzw and inform them that my bill will be paid, when this issue is resolved, properly.

Good luck with that. Samsung is the one that wrote the code and would have to issue a fix if one is required.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes