Re: Samsung Fingerprint Security Malfunction
PFM
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same issue on 7/6/2015. My S6 would not recognize my fingerprint and would not accept my backup password. I ended up using the Samsung Find My Mobile site to unlock my screen but it took several attempts to fix the issue. The first time I changed the password to a PIN and it would not recognize the new one. I'm back to using the fingerprint sensor but am not sure what caused the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to assist in any way that we can Mike8972. Just to verify, is your issue resolved? If so then you can check the post that offered the most info towards a correct answer that worked for you. If the isssue is not resolved then please share you additional concerns/status so we can proceed.

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mike8972
Contributor - Level 1

Was my trust issue in the fingerprint scanner and subsequent password attempts to open my phone resolved? When the password didn't open the phone and all my data, photos, emails, texts were wiped clean due to the phone going to the "nuclear option" of the factory reset, that makes me hesitant to use this feature again, and I am waiting to hear of similar horror stories.  But for now, I am not locking phone and using fingerprint scanner.

0 Likes
KELLYLMI
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this happen this morning, and although I was given the option to unlock using Google, the phone didn't recognize my Google password either.  I had to do the factory reset.  After reading this, I may go back to using a PIN or pattern instead of the fingerprint...I'm worried it could happen again and although I didn't lose much, I did lose all of the passwords stored in my password app and it's not much fun to try to remember and reenter all of those. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Are you sure  you were supposed to use your Google Password? When first setting up the fingerprint on the Samsung, you are prompted to create a backup password to use in case the device does not recognize your fingerprint. You are supposed to use THAT password instead of your Google password and is most likely why it was not recognize your password.

0 Likes