Samsung 6 Battery
mgaither64
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had my phone for a week, took it off the charger and it has been in use for 3 hours and 6 minutes and the battery is already down to 65%.  It says that Android system at 11% screen at 6 %.  Have not been on it but 30 minutes.  Any ideas what is going on or how to fix.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung 6 Battery
mama23dogs
Legend

The time to deal with it was 1-2 weeks ago.  All carriers have a 14 days return period.

Just a consideration...several complaints on the forum are  related to a software update. 

Taking the phone to Best Buy' Samsung desk for a flash on the update might fix the problem.   I have had good luck getting problems solved at BB in the past.

IF that fails to yield results:

IF you still think it's a defect, contact Samsung direct for a new replacement.  If you go through Verizon, they can only secure a warranty replacement, which is usually a refurbished or certified like new phone. 

IF it were me that would not be acceptable on a new phone.

Let us know how it turns out.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yeah, welcome to life with an S6.  Your battery life is typical - and I don't know that there is a "fix".  My S6 is on the charger throughout the day to keep it from being too low if I need to go out.  I keep a USB cable in the car to charge it while driving.  I charge it overnight.  And I still get low battery warnings. 

IMO, a fully charged phone in the morning should get you through the day, at least.  This is the first phone I've had that dies before 3 pm with a fully charged battery at 7 am.  With "average" usage - checking email, phone calls (they seem to use very little battery), texting, and some Facebook now and then.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mgaither64, we want you to use your phone to it's full potential. Let's take a closer look into this battery draining matter. Did you download 3rd party application to your device? If so, some applications can run in the background of your device. Click the link below for more battery saving tips for your device:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s6-battery-video/

naHnaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @ort
If my response answered your question please click the ect er� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mgaither64
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have watxhed the video and done those things.. It is the Android system  7%, Android OS 7% and cell standby 6% are the biggies.. They are always the big ones.. I cant believe i cant get a day out of this without a charge.. On other forums this seems to be an issue.. I am not on the phone all day..

0 Likes
mgaither64
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a screenshot from my battery this morning.  Currently at 69% this seems pretty extreme on battery use and will not work for me.  We need to fix this, please.  Screenshot_2015-12-08-08-48-32.png

0 Likes
mgaither64
Enthusiast - Level 2

An update just came out.  Don't know what it is for but let's see if it helps?  Do you know what was included?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may have received the update regarding wi-fi calling, i.e.,

Wifi calling starting to roll out...

0 Likes
mgaither64
Enthusiast - Level 2

IT was for that, thank you for your reply, appreciated.  Have a good day.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, mgaither64. We definitely want to the phone to last for you. Let’s keep working together to make sure we keep a charge. Has the device been like this since the first day you received it? Did you notice if this started after adding any apps? Is your device software up to date?

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mgaither64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes it has been since I received the phone. Yes I have apps, they all came from Google App store.  You see what the biggest users are.  An app isn't one of the top 4. 

0 Likes