Samsung 5 always out of memory even with SD card?
maggie61111

My Samsung 5 is always out of memory. I have trouble getting my email. It says to delete apps. All the apps that can be put on the SD card have been transferred there. Then when the app on the SD card updates I have to go in an put it back on the SD card. With the apps I have I am doing that at least twice a week. My SD card has several GB of available space. Does anyone have any idea how I can get more memory on the device or is there something in me settings that is incorrect.?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung 5 always out of memory even with SD card?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most APPS need to be on the device itself to work properly.  The things that CAN be moved to the SD card are photos, videos, music and other files.

Look at the memory to see which apps and files are using the most space, and try to move those or eliminate apps you really don't need.  As mama23dogs said, a phone with 16GB or less of internal storage can be limiting.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Lizzaurie

I'd like to know as well, please?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

This is the downside of phones with limited internal storage.  It is also why I got a Note 3, which was pretty much the only android at tIme with more than 16 GBS of storage.  From now on 32 GBS is my minimum.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most APPS need to be on the device itself to work properly.  The things that CAN be moved to the SD card are photos, videos, music and other files.

Look at the memory to see which apps and files are using the most space, and try to move those or eliminate apps you really don't need.  As mama23dogs said, a phone with 16GB or less of internal storage can be limiting.

0 Likes