Samsung 3S Email not working after update
Robby367
Enthusiast - Level 1

After updating my and my wife's OS to KitKat 4.4.2 on Saturday 6-28-2014 our email will not update. It just says Last updated: 06/28/2014 and will not receive emails.

The only thing I have seen that may work is a factory data reset. Does anyone else have a solution???

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung 3S Email not working after update
Robby367
Enthusiast - Level 1

Deleting our email accounts and adding them back worked for us.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
BaritoneDM

I have the exact same problem after Kit Kat upgrade. I can send email from the verizon client on my s3 but cannot get email.

0 Likes
Katjaf

Same problem, someone help, not sure what a factory data reset is? This is ridiculous!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Robby367 lets get you back in action! We'll get to the bottom of this issue and ensure you can stay in touch on the go! What type of email account do you have? Are you able to send emails?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BaritoneDM,

I apologize for the problems you've had with receiving emails, I know how important it is to receive them, so let's get it fixed. What's your email provider/server? You can try removing it to refresh the credentials and connection. Go to Applications>Email>Menu>Settings>Delete>Select Email Account>Delete>Confirm you want to delete. Then, re-add it and keep us posted.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Theresa92352

I tried the advice above to delete the email account. That was fine. Then I tried to add an account and as soon as I go to add the email account, there is a painful 15 second lag, then it goes to a black screen, and eventually it says ""Email isn't responding. Do you want to close it?" Wait/ok""  after about 2 minutes. My phone is completely fracked up and slow. This is frustrating beyond belief to the point of me being absolutely furious. Pushing this out and getting it on the 4th of July? Seriously? Customer support is where? I use my phone for business and I can't use it, period.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Katjaf,

I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having with retrieving emails on your device. I would definitely suggest performing a factory reset on the device. Please make sure you back up all your information on your device before performing the reset as a factory reset will restore your device to its original settings. Here are the steps to performing a factory reset.... http://vz.to/1n4WwIY

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Robby367
Enthusiast - Level 1

Deleting our email accounts and adding them back worked for us.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Re: Samsung 3S Email not working after update
Katjaf

You are lucky, It will not connect to the server, ugh! How do I back up my data? Mainly pictures and texts. I am not so smart phone savvy. The texts are more important then the email.Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Re: Samsung 3S Email not working after update
Katjaf

Unable to connect to email server to verify account information. No response from server. Now what???

0 Likes