SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless
thecrazyboii
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung S8+

I am now in Malaysia the phone stated there it is not from Verizon Wireless but I can use the 4G for my service provider in Malaysia but what seem to be the problem with it? And also sometimes it turns off my 4G automatically like it's unable to detect the 4G I need to put it on airplane mode and turn airplane mode off then it comes back or restarting my phone helps. And also I can't do System Updates, it says it have problem authenticating the phone. Need help. And how to make sure my phone is unlocked to all coverage providers? I don't want problems when I travel.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thecrazyboii-

My phone is my right arm so I certainly want to ensure that you are able to use your phone in a jiffy. All of our 4G devices are unlocked for global and domestic use. However, since the phone was made for Verizon, it may not work with all providers. You can learn more about our unlocking policy here: http://vz.to/1PUJEG5. I recommend reaching out with Samsung or your current provider for additional troubleshooting.

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thecrazyboii-

My phone is my right arm so I certainly want to ensure that you are able to use your phone in a jiffy. All of our 4G devices are unlocked for global and domestic use. However, since the phone was made for Verizon, it may not work with all providers. You can learn more about our unlocking policy here: http://vz.to/1PUJEG5. I recommend reaching out with Samsung or your current provider for additional troubleshooting.

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

thecrazyboii
Enthusiast - Level 2

How about system updates? They dont allow me to.

It says having trouble authenticating the phone. And also for the warranty I can just claim it anywhere at any Samsung stores in any country right?