Re: SIM Card Issue (Refreshing SIM Data)
s10stealth
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem seems to be with a low signal. When the cell re-connects to a tower from being in a "no mobile network found" condition, it seems to trigger the error.

I'm on day 4 of my newly exchanged S3 and I noticed the same "refreshing SIM data" problem.

I'm not happy to set that my "new S3" is merely a refurbished unit. It defeated the purpose of verifying a hardware issue.

Roger

0 Likes
Ronich
Enthusiast - Level 2

To everyone with the low signal problem...

I've just bought the Wilson Electronics Sleek 4G mobile signal booster. I can see about a 4db gain in the signal. It's just enough to complete ALL calls, texts, and internet connections.

I highly recommend.

0 Likes
Ronich
Enthusiast - Level 2

The one thing I can't figure out is if it's a...

"low signal Verizon thing" or a

"Samsung Galaxy S3 sensitivity thing" or a

"Jelly Bean signal processing thing"

0 Likes
dango

i just started having this problem today. i live in yellowstone, and i got verizon under the assurance that i would have service here. in other parts of the park i do, but not where i work. my employer provides wifi in our dorms, but it is essentially useless now that this has started happening. even more frusterating is that i can't call, and the only other options are to send a letter in the mail, or look for it in an open forum. for what i pay a month on a service i can't use i should be able to at least send an email, or "chat" with a rep. i couldn't even find a place on the website to report this as a problem.

ranting aside, turning it off and back on did nothing. removing the sim card for a minute did nothing. the airplane mode thing mentioned in a previous comment did nothing. changing the network settings did the same thing as the others who had tried it. it would be worth keeping verizon if i could at least skype, facebook, and email until the cell tower scheduled to be erected is up. (last i heard, november... ish)

0 Likes
expatchic

Omg! This issue has been driving me nuts since I received my Samsung TABLET about three weeks ago. I was traveling overseas, and chalked it up to a weak signal.  When I got back to the US, I was using the 4G network, so didn't really get to test it.  However, it seemed stable enough in the airports.  I'm now overseas again, and experiencing  the same ANNOYING problem, despite the fact I'm literally sitting under the router.  However, the bandwidth is small and is shared, so I'm sure that has something to do with the problem.  HOWEVER, both of the solutions outlined below seem to "fix" the problem: 1) set the network to LTE/CDMA, but suffer the annoying 'switch to Global' message.  2) Turn on airplane mode, then manually turn on the WiFi (and Bluetooth if needed).  This fix has allowed me to actually complete this message!  I don't think it's a Verizon issue, but perhaps a Samsung issue?  To me, it seems the WiFi is constantly scanning, and reconnecting to the best network connection.  Anyone know how to make it stop scanning?

Regards.

0 Likes
phil7011

Amae19 I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to post how you fixed this,I too was having that issue and I couldnt use my phone at all......thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes