Re: SIM Card Issue (Refreshing SIM Data)
kevind1986

I have the same problem i am only on WiFi and it will close me out of everything. This is a Verizon Issue.

0 Likes
78RPM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!!!

This works.

It's really really STUPID that we have to do this - but it works!

0 Likes
78RPM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think Verizon caused it - but it seems to me they should have taken the bull by the horn and done something (anything) about it.

It didn't happen on the the SIII until the Jellybean upgrade - that's Google.

It seems to happen only on Samsung devices - that's Samsung.

Do this/No do that/factory reset/sim cards replaced/nobody's ever heard of that before/you tried that already? well, try this then/that didn't work, well bummer for you/global this lte that...Arrgh!

That's all Verizon!

0 Likes
squarepegjer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just updated to Android 4.1.2 today - and so far, I haven't seen the problem come up. We'll see if this is the fix or not!

0 Likes
Squirrel_WNY
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm running 4.1.2 now on my Galaxy SIII and it's still doing the same thing.  For me, it doesn't matter whether or not I'm using wi-fi.  It's totally dependant on my cellular signal.  When the signal drops, it starts doing it.  It does it just like everyone else says - approx. every 3-5 minutes or so.  It doesn't stop until I'm back in signal again.  And of course, every time it happens, it dumps whatever I was working on (or playing).  It's extremely frustrating, considering I only have the network in certain areas in my home, and it's even worse at work.  I will try the airplane mode mentioned above and see if it also helps my phone.

Just my luck...I finally find a phone I really want, spend the big bucks to get it, and it's currently one of the most frustrating phones I've ever had.

VERIZON and SAMSUNG - PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!!

dnoreen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought a new phone, will sell my Verizon phone in the US and chalk it up

as a lesson learned. Never going back to Verizon and will advise others to

do the same.

0 Likes
gf1fanatic
Enthusiast - Level 1

The airplane mode option will still fix the problem, but this is ridiculous! No wonder people buy iPhones! Samsung and Verizon should be ashamed of themselves! These are billion dollar corporations and they let something like this happen. They really care about their customers, don't they!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Squarepegjer, I'm excited to learn that you recently recieved the Android update on your device. I trust that the new features and bug fixes will improve your wireless experience on your device. Please keep us posted and feel free to reach out to us if you need any assistance. We're here for you.

Lasina_H
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
s10stealth
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why is Verizon Customer Support's ONLY comment is a congratulations and mentions NOTHING about the problem on this blog?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear s10stealth,

I apologize our previous response was not helpful. Allow me to help provide some resolutions to fixing your equipment concerns. When you get the refresh sim data message, are you in a certain location? What zip code are you in?

I personally have the Samsung Galaxy S3 and have not had this error pop up on my phone. Can you try removing your sim card, then re-insert it back to your phone. To learn how to remove your sim card click http://vz.to/109THr2. Please keep us posted if this has helped.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes