SIII won't charge since KitKat update!
wischera

Since the KitKat update yesterday, I'm having these problems:

1.   Touch screen is less sensitive and won't move up and down easily.

2.   PHONE WON'T CHARGE!  I have to charge the battery externally and replace -- every few hours.  

If I do factory reset -- will I need to reload all apps and all my crazy passwords?   What will the auto backup save -- contacts only? 

VERY, VERY, VERY UNHAPPY -- LOVED MY PHONE BEFORE.   FURIOUS NOW. 

0 Likes
Re: SIII won't charge since KitKat update!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wischera lets bring the love back to your device! Has there been any other changes to the phone besides the update since these issues started? What happens when you try to charge normally? What sync app are you using to back up your info: Verizon Cloud/Backup Assistant, Google, etc?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
wischera

This began within hours of updating -- no other changes.   I used verizon cloud to back up my device. When I try to charge, I get the red x that others have talked about.  When no charger / sync cord is connected, my battery life icon is white instead of green.   The battery life percentage drops very quickly.    I have been charging my previously unused samsung battery with an external battery charger and replacing it.   I also have a lithium ion battery and charger that I'm using.   

Thanks,

Alli Wischer

"I would be the most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves."

Anna Quindlen

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the time to follow up. Is the factory provided charger being used with the device? Does the battery drainage occur while the device is in Safe Mode as well? http://vz.to/1jtB2Cy

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
wischera

yes factory charger.

battery drainage in safe mode -- not sure -- trying to figure out how to run it in safe mode. 

Alli Wischer

"I would be the most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves."

Anna Quindlen

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the insight. Were you able to get the device up and running in Safe Mode? I've provided the instructions via the link in the previous post.

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
Lilybets
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know if the other person got their phone running in safe mode but mine won't. I am having several of the the same problems and I tried the safe mode thing. The phone comes on and I see the safe mode in the lower left corner and then the phone dies.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying Lilybets. Have you tested more than one desktop charger? How about multiple outlets? You still have the original charger?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Lilybets
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried 2 home chargers in 4 different outlets, I have tried my car charger, I have tried my Mophie and the VZW store tried 2 different chargers. They also sent me a new phone and had the same problem. All in all I have tried two different phones, 6 chargers, 2 different batteries and 2 different sim cards. Same problems reproduced across all changes. My local VZW store has opted to try one more new phone that will be here later today. What is a viable solution to an obvious software glitch that cannot seem to be fixed by swapping out hardware?

0 Likes
wischera

I still can't run it in safe mode -- it turns off immediately.    

Alli Wischer

Anna Quindlen

0 Likes