Re: SGS7 - FIX the WI-FI problem VERIZON!!
Tidbits
Legend

One last thing I want to add. IPv6 won't be fully relevant until there is a push to get away from IPv4 which isn't happening any time soon and IMHO won't happen until the S9 and Note 8 are relevant at the earliest with the pace the world has been moving towards IPv6.

Yes Samsung has to fix their issues with IPv6 which affect ALL S7/Edge worldwide. The reason why it isn't so widespread is because MOST ISP and carriers around the world uses IPv4. T-Mobile uses IPv6 as default for the devices they sell. On the S7/Edge people experience this issue unless they go on wifi which most people will still be running IPv4. They have to modify their APN to fix their issues.

Please stop blowing up the issue as if life depended on it as the world currently doesn't revolve around it.

0 Likes
who-me

I changed my firewall/router software to PFsense and I'm back to having the IPv6 issue.

Running DNSet on both of our phones to get the play store to work again.

I wonder if other phones running android 6.x have this problem.

At least using dnset, as a work around, fixes it until the root cause is fixed.

0 Likes
Pbking316
Enthusiast - Level 3

My 2013 nexus 5 phones running Android 6.0.1 do not have any issues. And Tidbits if people don't blow up the issue  i doubt it'll get fixed.  Hell I'm betting all s7s have flawed hardware since a fix hasn't been issued. As for the ipv6 debate all popular sites run ipv6 Comcast the  #1 cable Internet provider runs ipv6 my docsis 3.0 modem runs ipv6 my high end AC router runs ipv6. that ipv6 signal gets to either of my new s7 phones and they go full retard. I'm regretting buying these phones should have went with the Motorola Droid turbo 2. My wife cracked the screen on her s7 days after she got it.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's a Galaxy S7/Edge issue.  All of them have this problem.  It's more predominate in the states more than anywhere else because most of our ISP's have switched to IPv6 as well as our mobile carriers have.  So it pops up more here than it does overseas.  Eventually Samsung will fix it, but they haven't yet even on their international variants.

0 Likes