Re: SGS7 - FIX the WI-FI problem VERIZON!!
Guido63
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep reading bloglasses about a,software fix. My software shows up to date but it still doesn't work. Verizon can you please help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having no wifi connection is no fun Guido63. How long have you had trouble connecting to your home wifi? Were there any changes around that time to the phone or home wifi?

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Guido63
Enthusiast - Level 2

It started when I got the Samsung S7. No other changes and all my other devices work fine

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Revans1017

It is a issue with s7 and n wireless networks. If you have a old router on n network then the s7 has issues with play store, facebook and some other programs ond updating

Found this out from a Bestbuy rep. Bought a new netgear dual band router and installed it. Issue fixed. I had a conference call with verizon and samsung. They acted like they never heard of problem until i read some of the posts about issue on net to them. You think they would just tell youvyour router is out dated. But no.

0 Likes
Pbking316
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wrong. S7s don't run on my new AC WiFi or N 2.4ghz. It needs to run on ipv4 which is tech from the 80s. I believe my router is ipv6 always on my end. It has ipv6 to ipv4 tunneling which it says is only for use with isp's  that don't support  ipv6. S7 still won't work work with that on because it's still ipv6 on my end I believe. Any popular domain nowadays use ipv6 that's why Google youtube Pandora ect. Won't work.

0 Likes
Pbking316
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Google Public DNS IP addresses (IPv4) are as follows:

Which is what dns apps run.

Everyone using a dns app forces ipv4 and then the s7 will function. I'm no expert but something is wrong with these phones if they need to run on ipv4 which will be obsolete eventually. The only way mine works on my router is to use a dns changer app.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

85% of the internet runs still on IPv4 last I remember.  Eventually IPv6 will replace it sure, but honestly not any time soon.  Yes the problem seems to be IPv6 and it affects All Galaxy S7/Edge devices in one form or another,

0 Likes
Pbking316
Enthusiast - Level 3

Problem is there are only so many ipv4 addresses that popular sites run ipv6.

"The top 4 websites in the world – Google, Facebook, YouTube and Yahoo – are all permanently enabling IPv6 because they understand that their content needs to be reachable by everyone.

Google, Facebook and Yahoo understand that as IPv4 addresses run out and more and more people want to connect many devices to the Internet, those devices may have to operate on IPv6 networks – and will reach IPv4-only content through IPv6-to-IPv4 gateways that will impact the speed of people getting to their content.

These top 4 websites, plus Microsoft Bing, AOL, Netflix and hundreds of other sites all recognize that speed matters and that they want to make their sites available to all users on all networks."

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

They also run IPv4. There is no site exclusively IPv6 currently.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Also your ISP gives you two address and they haven't phased out IPv4 simply because a vast majority of the Internet is still IPv4...

0 Likes