Re: SGS7 - FIX the WI-FI problem VERIZON!!
Tidbits
Legend

Switching to IPv4 will not cause issues in the long run... you just select IPv4/IPv6 and viola! Yes there is an option there.  If there is a problem with IPv4 it'll fall back to IPv4 when needed.

0 Likes
Burni1687

My little sister came to me after going to a Verizon store about her SS7 edge not working on the home network. It would update apps through a public access point say Dunkin donuts, mc'ds, etc. as well as playing music on youtube, pandora.

I myself have to deal with issues like this every day with customers devices.. So I got digging into the actual settings on which her phone locked on to through the wifi. After testing a few suggestions on here I started trouble shooting how I was trained to.

So far for past 3 hours she hasn't had any problems updating apps, playing music etc. The simple fix that worked for her phone was: settings, wifi, wifi connect (network name that you are currently using), edit connection, advanced options, change DHCP to STATIC, DNS 1 (to any public free DNS server, (google's DNS 1: 8.8.8.8) DNS 2 8.8.4.4

Personaly I didn't use google's DNS server because it can get over bloated so I went with another one and so far haven't had any issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get your devices connected to your WiFi. When attempting to connect are you getting an error message of any sort? Is it not recognizing or seeing the WiFi connection when scanning?
KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Pbking316
Enthusiast - Level 3

No it sees and connects to the WiFi but then will not function on the WiFi unless you use a dns changer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pbking316, thanks for this information. Does this problem occur with any of your other devices?
EstebanPPP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Pbking316
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do not have any problems on my wifi with my pc or my 4 tablets my Xbox or my 5 other android phones. But both my s7 edge and my wife's s7 do not stream youtube Facebook or download apps unless I'm running a dns changer app. They do work on some WiFi connections.  They seem to have very limited usage without running the dns changer app. They will open websites on chrome but won't download or stream anything.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pbking316 were you ever able to connect to your WiFi with the devices? Was there a recent change to the phones, like a software update or new apps?
RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
Pbking316
Enthusiast - Level 3

Brand new out of the box they wouldn't work on my home wifi. Wouldn't download apps from the start so it's not a problem with apps. It's a problem with the phones. I updated both phones to the latest update and still no luck. They work on some WiFi but never my home wifi unless I'm running a dns changer app.  Don't even waste my time with recommending a reset or clear caches nothing works besides the dns changer app. Don't blame my wifi I never had a problem until I got these phones.  I have a ton of devices that work fine on my wifi.  I have Comcast blast which is 100+mbps cable Internet a Motorola sb6121 modem running wifi on a belkin AC750 dual band router. Both s7's connect to my 5ghz or 2.4 ghz wifi and have very limited connectivity. If I run the dns app everything works.

0 Likes
Guido63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here but I also have a with Google maps on the WiFi

0 Likes
wheelswagz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whenever I am not able to connect to Google Play on WiFi, I just close all recent apps, then go back into Google Play and it works fine on WiFi.

0 Likes