Re: SGS7 - FIX the WI-FI problem VERIZON!!
who-me

Update:

Updated and turned IPv6 back on, DNSet not running.

For me the latest phone & google updates fixed my play store not downloading problem.

The google update was 'Android System WebView'.

0 Likes
ScandalousFrog

As of this morning, and the first attempt since trying Googles troubleshooting ideas (which I posted about earlier), I am now unable to download from the Play Store even OFF the Wi-Fi.  Now I get some error that I did not get before about it not being able to retrieve information.  Now I have to sort that out as well.  At this rate, with the amount of companies I need to call to get this resolved and all their various techniques (which apparently may make things worse), I fear my phone will be a very expensive brick in no time.  It's funny, at first I was only upset at Google, since it was only their apps that weren't working.  Now I am starting to be angry with all three companies: Samsung for elevating me to a higher-tier of support who blew me off, Google who has made my phone WORSE with theirs, and Verizon for not helping thus far (will try calling their support today).

0 Likes
Andy63
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm running Baseband Version: G930VVRU2APB5.   I downloaded the DNSset app (with data) at the recommendation of another user, and it allows me to connect to Google Paly Store, Gmail and You Tube on my home wifi.  I don't know if this will create issues in other areas and its obviously not the correct fix.

Pbking316
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm using the app "dns changer"  and everything works using that app

0 Likes
ScandalousFrog

I've heard a lot of people suggesting that, as well as suggesting turning off IPv6 in your router/modem.  While I appreciate that people are sharing these, they are simply workarounds and not actual solutions.  Today, I attempted resetting my phone back to factory defaults since Google support made it impossible for me to download even off the Wi-Fi.  Still no luck getting the Google Apps to work.  Now I cannot update any of my outdated apps.  Good times.

0 Likes
ScandalousFrog

The saga of trying to fix my phone continues.  Called my ISP (Cox) today to see if there was anything they could do, and they were no help.  They referred me to my gateway manufacturer (Netgear).  So the list of companies who could not help are: Samsung, Google, Cox.  Will try Verizon and Netgear today to try to get this solved.  Keep everyone who is reading this posted.

0 Likes
Pbking316
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's not your isp or router or modem. It's your phone. The only way to make it work is some kind of workaround until Samsung or Verizon issue's an update to fix this.

0 Likes
ScandalousFrog

Yep, starting to realize that now.  Going to call Verizon and Samsung (again) and see what kind of response I get.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

From what I read it's a Samsung issue. It's an issue with IPv6. Even problems with cellular network being on IPv6 has given issues.

0 Likes
Pbking316
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm just hoping it's an issue that can be resolved  with a software update.  If there's an underlying hardware problem I want a new phone.

0 Likes