SD Card Missing after Upgrade
GraniteStateSAF
Enthusiast - Level 1

After receiving the forced update last night from Verizon, my Galaxy S5 no longer sees my SD card.  Anyone else discover this "feature"?  

Re: SD Card Missing after Upgrade
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Try removing the SD card after doing a complete shut down. Then remove battery and wait one minute or so before reinstalling both card and battery and turning phone back on. This should reset system and see your SD card.

0 Likes
moabutman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same problem. Didn't work for mine.

GraniteStateSAF
Enthusiast - Level 1

Removed the SD card, and rebooted multiple times.  Finally gave up on it.  Ironically it showed up again a few days later, but the card is now empty.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's look further into this moabutman! What is the make, size, and class of your Micro SD card? When you power the phone off and remove the SD card are you also removing/inserting the sim card? If not, please do so and test. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jasonsfi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't waste your time on here.  I had the same issue after the update.  Verizon sent me a new phone and all problems are solved.

0 Likes
moabutman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Didn't work for me!

0 Likes
moabutman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Samsung Evo 64 gig Class 10 memory card. Tried everything that has been recommended.

Took the phone to Verizon. They ordered me a replacement. Keep in mind I have an S5. We'll the replacement I got 4 days later is an S4!

Now they are supposedly sending me the correct replacement next day shipping.

Wow! I t

Used to think that  Verizon had the best service. Starting to question that now.

0 Likes