SD Card Corrupt after Oreo update
larryj

I have two S7 phones.  I just updated them to Oreo. Both phones are reporting the SD card is corrupt.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: SD Card Corrupt after Oreo update
larryj

Update: I can plug the SD card into my tablet and the tablet reads the SD card fine. Backing up the data now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so happy that your S7 device is working now with reading the SD Card. I want to let you know if you have any additional concerns, we will be right here for you Larryj. Thank you for being the best part of the VZW Family. 

Veronica_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kcharmer

I have the same problem, and tried different ways to get my photos back, no luck so far. I hope I don't lose them permanently  I need these for my business and I could be in a lot of trouble without them.

0 Likes
jakeu1701

they stated that they plugged it into a different device and the card worked, not that it was resolved.

0 Likes
lorenzop_vzw
Verizon Employee

larryj, I'm sorry to hear that your SD cards are showing as corrupt after the Oreo update. Help is here and I want to ensure that we're able to explore every option available to restore your SD cards. I am thrilled to hear that you were able to backup the data on your SD cards via your tablet, can you follow these instructions to format your SD card? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203728/ Formatting SD cards is a great option if your phone is having issues with recognizing the SD card. After completing these steps, please let us know if your Galaxy S7 displays your SD cards as corrupt.

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes