SAMSUNG Galaxy S8 Plus
wirelessman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I read somewhere that the S8 Plus will  be available March 30. I also heard that it would be mid April before we would feel it in our hot little hands. Why the delay and is there anyway that we could expedite this process ? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

John

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SAMSUNG Galaxy S8 Plus
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

According to http://www.droid-life.com/2017/03/29/samsung-galaxy-s8-plus-pre-order-info-carrier-availability-deal... preorder begins March 30 and phones arrive in stores on April 21.

0 Likes
Kyledvictor
Contributor - Level 1

time till the actual product is made and can be distributed.  look at the gear s3.  it was released November 18th and Verizon still has yet to release it  

0 Likes
JJSax

Kyledvictor is correct in that it is available for preorder.  Samsung needs to manufacture the devices in mass before it is widely available.  This is just the start for the device and soon it will be available for everyone. 

As for the reason the Gear S3 is not available on Verizon, it's because Verizon runs on a CDMA based network right now, where other carriers including the vast majority of carriers internationally run on GSM. Until either Verizon makes the change officially to GSM or Samsung decides to make a CDMA Gear S3, Verizon will never see one on it's network. 

Solved: Why isn't Gear S3 available on Verizon? - Samsung Community - 56685

Samsung Galaxy S8+ | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Kyledvictor
Contributor - Level 1

Samsung has had the approval for the frontier beginning of February and actually got approval for the classic LTE a few weeks ago

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

wirelessman​ , I also can't wait to get the new S8 into my hands. However, as tikibar1​ has mentioned preorders for the phone have started today and will be available in stores or in your very hands by April 21. 

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
ANDREOUTLAW
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought my S3 from T-Mobile. There is an option in the gear software to forward calls remotely if you leave your phone behind, but I've had had some times when it didn't work.

So I ported my number over to Google Voice and grabbed a new cell phone number.

Google voice will ring both my watch and phone. If I leave the phone behind my watch will go into stand-alone mode and I will still get calls and text to the watch without the Gear software doing any forwarding. The only thing I'm missing is having my watch number show up as my GV number.