S8+ won't tether ethernet since pie update to linux
Seanmx57
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm new to this community so bear with me. The Pie update broke my phones ability to tether an internet feed to a PC or laptop runing Linux (ubuntu version). It worked fine  before the update. The phone will put out a feed to a windows laptop. Anyone out there a linux hack and worked thru this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S8+ won't tether ethernet since pie update to linux
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Seanmx57, thank you for reaching out to us about this. You can establish a wireless hotspot connection using your device to your computer. However, you would not be able to run a harwired ethernet connection with your phone to your computer. EdgarT_VZW

0 Likes
Seanmx57
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to USB tether before the pie update with no problems. I am able to tether other verizon phones in the house hold currently that run android OS. I prefer to not run hotspot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Just to clarify, you're unable to connect your phone to your laptop or PC in order to transfer files, correct? TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
Seanmx57
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can tether to transfer files like pics etc. Can't get the internet feed to tether since the pie update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking back in with us on this, Seanmx57. Has there been any new distribution update for your Ubuntu version since you noticed this problem? Are you on the latest version of that system? Also, can you describe specifically what happens when you try to make this connection? Does the computer detect the phone at all? EricW_VZW

0 Likes