Re: S8+ screen cracked already without dropping the phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There's no worse feeling than cracked glass on a brand new phone, BreMck. I know I'd be beyond upset if this happened to me. It sounds as if one option that was discussed was filing an insurance claim (hence the $200). From what you've said, though, the phone may have arrived this way. Have you contacted Samsung directly about the issue? Are you having any other trouble with the new phone?

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Wmarks7172
Enthusiast - Level 1

How did you get them to replace it i  the store? My screen is cracked right below the home screen and goes all the way up. It has not been dropped at all. Why should I pay 149 to get fixed it I did not break it?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about that having happened, Wmarks7172. Have you reached out to Samsung yet about this? We would recommend that as a next step if you're 100% certain the phone never sustained any damage. The crack would disqualify the phone from being sent through our warranty program.

Verizon_Customer_Service

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Wmarks7172
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, I have not dropped it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the frustration of having a cracked screen when you never dropped the device, Wmarks7172. Let me assist you further with your device. There are other ways the screen could have been cracked depending on the circumstances. In any case, this would be considered physical damage. That's where your insurance could be used to get the device replaced if you desired. The $149.00 is the deductible for a claim. Here's a link to file a claim online http://phoneclaim.com . I hope this was beneficial.   

Thanks,

EdwinW_VZW         

Follow us on

Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SHAUNDI1917
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine did it yesterday, and I know exactly why on mine at least. The case I bought with my phone from Verizon will not let me plug headphones in all of the way. So I have to take off the case every time. My break is right where I take the case off. So basically trying to keep my phone safe, I have broke my phone. But this isn't my first problem with this phone. Dropped calls, delayed texts. I was told to keep my phone off HD Audio to receive calls but then you can't hear the person talking. Definetly my least favorite phone ever, and I've had galaxies for my last 3 or 4 phones now.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret to hear about the damage as I have been through a few breaks myself, Shaundi1917. Do you have insurance? IS the phone consistently picking up an LTE connection?

Verizon_Customer_Service

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
BIKEMSO
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing happened to me 2 months after purchased. Have not dropped. It was just sitting on desk in middle of the night. Heard a sound, woke up, grabbed phone to check time and the screen was shattered. Always have phone protector on. Verizon said no way could have happened without being dropped, and they can't do anything about it, call Samsun. But it wasn't dropped , it was just sitting on desk.    Samsung hasn't returned correspondence by phone/email and it's been 2 weeks.

molbio
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same happen today. Phone sitting next to me in the passenger seat.  Used it to get a code for the car wash no crack.   Set it down and picked it back up before driving out after car wash and crack from a point on the side.  No dropping or damage other than a crack that appeared suddenly.   Just cracked glass no damage to screen below.   So far it works OK but worried glass might fall off randomly or further cracking is going to occur.   Certainly not worth the$840 in monthly payments I will have to make. Called Verizon and transferred to Samsung.  I was told only option was to send it in and a crack would be assumed to be from damage and the warranty wouldn't cover anything.  They would not provide an estimated cost.   I have never had a cracked screen since having a touch screen phone starting with original iPhone.   Other phones I have dropped but I never dropped this phone.   I always keep in a case. I am always careful with my phone and use it constantly.  Sending in is not a feasible option.  I preorded the phone the first day.   I expect to not have to pay for a screen replacement on an expensive phone like this when I didn't damage it there is clearly a defect with some of these phones they shouldn't randomly crack sitting on a flat surface.   Samsung and Verizon need to figure this out or they will permanently loose my family as customers.   Not to mention I think a class action lawsuit should be pursued given the number of instances I found on forums since I started searching them after this happened.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bikemso,

A broken screen would never be a good thing to wake up to. We know that having your phone working smoothly is always the goal. Do you have insurance on the device?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes