S7 wifi problem with Google products
Guido63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is,anyone else having problems,with Google products obviously their S7 when connected to wifi??  When I'm connected to WiFi I can't use Google maps, play, ect.  I've called and the tech told me they were working with Samsung but the problem still persists. Additionally my wife downloaded the new marshmallow OS  on her note 5 and now her phone is having the same issue.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S7 wifi problem with Google products
Averix1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would suggest logging into your wifi router and turning off IPv6 if it is turned on.  There is a bug between some cable modems and routers that causes a phony/blank IPv6 address to be sent to your phone.  It really became a bug with Marshmallow.  Google's services are all IPv6 compliant and that fake address can stop communication dead in its tracks. Turning that off in my router fixed the issue for me on 2 phones.

View solution in original post

Averix1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would suggest logging into your wifi router and turning off IPv6 if it is turned on.  There is a bug between some cable modems and routers that causes a phony/blank IPv6 address to be sent to your phone.  It really became a bug with Marshmallow.  Google's services are all IPv6 compliant and that fake address can stop communication dead in its tracks. Turning that off in my router fixed the issue for me on 2 phones.

Guido63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you that did the trick

0 Likes