S7 update issue
TAARNA0605
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since the last system update, I keep receiving an unauthorized use detected notification to restart the phone from the Security Log Agent and the the phone constantly stops and restarts itself after I have restarted it myself and I continually receive the message after restarting.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S7 update issue
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Did you clear the cache partition in recovery mode? ( Volume up -power -home ) if you did try here

Repair Assistant - Software Upgrade Assistant (Samsung) | Verizon Wireless

something may have gone wrong with the last update

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to a have dependable device. Let's take a look at this situation. When did you do this update? After you upgraded that softaware, did you upgrade the application software on applications downloaded from that app store?

NicholeK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Did you clear the cache partition in recovery mode? ( Volume up -power -home ) if you did try here

Repair Assistant - Software Upgrade Assistant (Samsung) | Verizon Wireless

something may have gone wrong with the last update

0 Likes
TAARNA0605
Enthusiast - Level 2

The update was done on 5/4/17. All of my apps have been updated. Thanks for trying!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

sounds like an issue with security log agent....uninstall or disable it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Taarna0605, thanks for the helpful information. Let’s keep working together to find out what’s going on. Is this happening intermittently or consistently? Do you remember the last thing you were doing on the device before you noticed it was not working anymore? Have you tried your phone in Safe Mode to see if the issue still arises? If not, no worries! Here’s how: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203266/  Please keep us posted on the outcome.

-TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
TAARNA0605
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks...but they have it blocked so I can't disable it...

0 Likes
TAARNA0605
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cleared the partition in Safe Mode and so far it has worked! Thanks for all the help!

TAARNA0605
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update- i had to go into safe mode one more time on 5/20. I reset all system apps and have had no problems, until approx 15 minutes ago..the notification popped up again an I was literally doing nothing on my phone. I am going to try the system recovery assistant and will let you know! 

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you tried to clear the cache partition in recovery mode?

Volume up- power-home