S7 system update
Jtellerday

I installed my system update overnight, used my phone for about 30 minutes after it restarted, put my phone down, pick it back up about 2 goes later, phone is locked out, only a green signal light even when unplugged. I had to do a hard restart and I have now lost EVERYTHING.  HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: S7 system update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jtellerday,

I regret to hear about your software update experience. We always want it to go smooth. I will be happy to help. What back up application have you been using in the past; Verizon Cloud? Google Cloud?

Besides losing your data, is your phone functioning properly now?

RyanC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Jtellerday

My phone was functioning properly, then last night I plugged it in to charge, and now my phone did the same thing. Dim green light even when unplugged, but will not start, it is a paperweight, unless I factory reset it again. I'M NOT HAPPY

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a paperweight as a phone is no fun Jtellerday. I'm sorry to hear you started to have issues after the last update. Here is a link to our trouble-shooting repair assistant for your phone http://vz.to/1N6yVRy . Try this step to resolve your issues and keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Slinkygirl_76
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone is having a very similar problem. Brand new S7 Edge, had it less than 2 months and already it's creased to function as a phone since the software update last week. The phone is constantly "searching for service", which drains a fully charged battery in less than 3 hours. If it can't be done over wifi then it can't be done at all. I get no phone calls,  can't make outgoing calls,  no voicemails, texts take hours to send/receive,  and my phone keeps restarting itself completely randomly. It's beyond maddening!!! I've endured 4 separate phone calls and hours of troubleshooting with tech support, two factory resets and a trip to the Verizon store for a new sim card and still no resolution. I'm 100% convinced it's the software update that took place the night before all this started last week,  so short of getting a "new" (i.e. reconditioned) phone or choosing something different altogether I'm at a complete loss! Beyond irritated with this [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] !!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Slinkygirl_76,

I wouldn't be happy about that either! I know how important it is to keep a reliable connection so you can stay in touch with everyone. We want to make sure we figure this out for you. What is your zip code? Do others in the area have the same issues?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
rmendonca24

The software update G930VVRU2APD2 has made my phone useless.  Battery dies in 5 hours when not even using the phone, phone calls can not be made, etc.     How can this be corrected?   Can this software be downgraded to the previous version?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rmendonca24,

Software updates should never cause harm to your phone or hinder your ability to use it. When experiencing trouble after an update, the first place to start would be ensuring all of your apps are up to date in the Google Play Store and optimized to use the new software version. If you've already tried that, please try repairing the software using the information found here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-80201/ .

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes
rmendonca24

All applications are up to date.  I have the correct software version installed.  I have changed nothing else but battery dies within a few hours since the software update.  This isn't right as the S7 should last over 24 hours in standby and did so before this terrible update.  I need assistance as the phone is useless.    What is the phone Warranty?  Query year correct?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@rmendonca24

Thanks for checking. Let’s take a closer look.

You mentioned that, since the software update, your battery life is much shorter and that calls cannot be made. Please explain what you’re experiencing with your calls. When did your device software update?

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes