S7 hotspot doesn't work
jamesscho
Enthusiast - Level 2

As soon as I turn on mobile hotspot, it turns itself off immediately.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S7 hotspot doesn't work
jamesscho
Enthusiast - Level 2

After a long debug process via facebook messaging:

[ME] I performed a factory data reset last night.  I think I know what was causing my problem.  So after the reset when I turn on the mobile hotspot I get the following dialog box: "Mobile Hotspot uses your mobile data connection.  Your Wi-Fi connection will be turned off.  [checkbox] Do not show again, [CANCEL]

[OK].  After I press [OK], the next dialog box pops up. "Mobile Hotspot and Wi-Fi cannot be on at the same time.  Turn off Mobile Hotspot. [checkbox] Do not show again [CANCEL], [OK].

Now at this point if I select [OK] mobile hotspot is turned off.  If I select [CANCEL] Wi-Fi is turned off and mobile hotspot stays on.  I have a feeling that I had selected "[checkbox] Do not show again" at some point and then selected [CANCEL].  From then on it would always default to disabling mobile hot spot.  If this happens again is there a way to get this dialog box back?

[Verizon] Great question. If this happens again, you can clear the app cache/data and the dialog box will pop up when you turn on the mobile hotspot.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you in a spot where you have a good, solid 4G cellular connection?  It may be turning off because there is no data connection available to use.

If that's not the case, and you do have a strong signal, post back and we can further troubleshoot.

0 Likes
jamesscho
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, my LTE signal was strong.  It used to work fine for it has stopped working for the last couple months.  After turning mobile hotsop on the device automatically shuts it down after about 2 seconds.  I'm thinking that it must be some configuration issue or some app or other software interfering with this mechanism.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jamesscho We can imagine how annoying it must be. Let's work together to figure out why this is happening. We want to make sure the the mobile hotspot is configured correctly. Please click the following link to make sure it's set up properly. http://vz.to/2goSXxN

DoloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jamesscho
Enthusiast - Level 2

This link goes no where:

http://vz.to/2goSXxN

"Oops, we can't find that page."

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the confusion and inconvenience jamesscho, let's get to the bottom of this. For additional assistance, please reach out to us via Facebook or Twitter @VZWSupport and include "jamesscho" in your message. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

AyaniB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Ragefear
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem. I also noticed that when it turns my Wi-Fi back on (after immediately turning off the hotspot) it doesn't actually turn back on and the Wi-Fi icon just blinks rapidly. I factory reset my phone, wiped the cache, and didn't install any apps, no luck.  Next I called and had Verizon "turn on the hotspot service" which I've never had a problem connecting to before, still no luck.  Next Verizon overnighted me a new phone, guess what... Same problem.  Now I find that someone else has this problem and we have to jump thru social media hoops to get help? I don't have Facebook and loathe Twitter even more. What am I supposed to do? Just answer the question on here, the forum is Google searchable and  it creates a resolve to the question! Please, I've been battling this for a couple weeks now.

jamesscho
Enthusiast - Level 2

After a long debug process via facebook messaging:

[ME] I performed a factory data reset last night.  I think I know what was causing my problem.  So after the reset when I turn on the mobile hotspot I get the following dialog box: "Mobile Hotspot uses your mobile data connection.  Your Wi-Fi connection will be turned off.  [checkbox] Do not show again, [CANCEL]

[OK].  After I press [OK], the next dialog box pops up. "Mobile Hotspot and Wi-Fi cannot be on at the same time.  Turn off Mobile Hotspot. [checkbox] Do not show again [CANCEL], [OK].

Now at this point if I select [OK] mobile hotspot is turned off.  If I select [CANCEL] Wi-Fi is turned off and mobile hotspot stays on.  I have a feeling that I had selected "[checkbox] Do not show again" at some point and then selected [CANCEL].  From then on it would always default to disabling mobile hot spot.  If this happens again is there a way to get this dialog box back?

[Verizon] Great question. If this happens again, you can clear the app cache/data and the dialog box will pop up when you turn on the mobile hotspot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my mobile hotspot to keep me connected on the go and know how important it is to have working at all times, Ragefear. Let’s check into this further and get your hotspot working. What is the make and model of your phone? The wifi must be off for the mobile hotspot to function. Do you have any trouble with wifi off trying to use the hotspot? What happens when connecting to the hotspot?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
_User_

Hi Delores, Fyi, this link appears to be dead - any ideas?  Thanks,

0 Likes