S7 Speakerphone Issue
stevensonjm

I recently received an S7 for my wife.  From the 1st day the speakerphone has had clarity issues on the outbound voice.  When she is on the phone she can hear the other caller with perfect clarity but the other side cannot hear her (voice breaks up and is basically worthless).  If she takes the phone off of speakerphone the caller can hear her without issue.

I have turned off Advanced calling features, as other forums have suggested, but no difference.  She is coming from an S4 and is quite frustrated her brand new phone with all the newest stuff.. cannot make a simple phone call on speakerphone.  She wants me to reactivate her old S4.. seems like a waste for a basic feature of a phone.

Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: S7 Speakerphone Issue
c_heidecker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine did the same thing - the caller could not hear me unless I turned off the speaker.  I called support and they suggested it was an app doing it.  After a restart it is fixed....for now.

0 Likes
stevensonjm

Restarting 1 time fixed it?  I know she has run the phone to zero battery.  Would that not have the same effect?  I am certain she has had a full reboot but I will try it out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@stevenonjm
We definitely do not you to have to go back to the old phone. The recommendation of a full factory reset is a good idea. Here are the steps to do so: http://vz.to/1YOD0QV. How long have you all owned the phone in question? Is there any physical or liquid damage to the device?

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

C_heidecker, I’m someone who uses my speakerphone fairly often so if I were to have trouble with it, it would be a huge inconvenience for me. I’m happy to hear it sounds like it’s been resolved so far. If you do have any additional concerns with this, please let us know as we are here to help!

ErinW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

turn the volume down

0 Likes
stevensonjm

I pre-ordered and got the phone right at launch.  Absolutely no damage the

phone is in pristine condition

Can you explain what a factory reset is going to do?  I understand this is

the recommendation but that is sort of a [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] ..  just need to understand

the logic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

stevensonjm,

We want you to have all of the information you need to help resolve this issue. The factory reset will remove all third party content from the phone that can be interfering with the operation of the phone's software. This is typically the final step required in troubleshooting. Once the reset is done, it is recommended that the phone is used without signing into the Google account, which at times, can automatically reinstall harmful information.

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes