S7 Driving mode
paulisit

How do you disable this "feature".

0 Likes
Re: S7 Driving mode
JerrySNewB

Where did you find this feature? What, exactly, does it do?

My S3 had a driving mode that changed several setting with one click. On my Edge, It seems like some features went away, and others are scattered throughout the settings.

The biggest thing I miss is the hands-free mode. When I got a call, it would announce the caller ID information; and I could say "Accept" or "Reject". I haven't found any equivalent.

Is that part of what you're calling "Driving Mode"?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

paulisit, having the ability to customize your phone is a must and we want you to have the option to do this. Driving Mode is a great feature. Why are you looking to disable it? Are you having any issues with it? Please advise.

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
paulisit

Hey Jerry,  I must have enabled it when I was in my car and sending a text from Message+.  What it did was send auto replies when receiving texts when I was driving.  I didn't get the actual text until I was out of the car.  I can see that this may be useful to some people but it is not for me.  I found that uninstalling the app and rebooting, reset the settings.  settings>applications>application manager>message+>more>uninstall updates

0 Likes
Roodlux

Since no one can seem to just simply answer this question.

The "Driving Mode" setting for Message+ is in the Message+ app itself. Top left are the three small lines, tap it, and there are those settings.

My wife starting having these issues when she put her headset on and went for a walk, she was trying to text and the phone withheld messages from her because of this crap. Hope that helps.

0 Likes