S6 edge plus marshmallow
xxxegoxxx
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why is it that the s6, s6 edge and note 5 has marshmallow, but the s6 edge plus still hasn't received anything? You would of thought this phone would of received it by now.

Re: S6 edge plus marshmallow
CheqbayTech
Enthusiast - Level 1

Premium service provider with a premium price tag and Verizon delivers a less than premium experience. I am personally very disappointed in Verizon for their lack of support for the S6E+.  I chose this phone because it was, and still is, a flagship model.  All S6E+ owners deserve much more from Verizon as our service provider.  Furthermore,  I've contacted Samsung and they have released the Android 6.0 for S6E+ and security updates for the S6E+.  Why Verizon?   Why sell us a flagship phone on your premium service then provide us with less satisfaction than a cricket.....   very disappointed.

randytho
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree Cheqbay Tech and I am sick of Verizon not even bothering to answer us but just sending us to links that do NOT pertain to our phones anyway.  I will be looking for a new carrier for myself and my business.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

While not related to this particular instance, Samsung has a reputation for quickly stopping updates for non-current devices.

I paid roughly  $700 for a Verizon Wireless 4G/LTE variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2012). Samsung pushed 1 software upgrade, a few patches and that was all she wrote.

The last time I asked the friend whom I gave it to what OS the device was running, she said that it was still on Jelly Bean 4.1.2.

I picked up a WiFi-only Microsoft Surface 3 and have never looked back.

If Microsoft creates a VZW version of the anticipated Surface Phone, my Samsung Galaxy S4 will be going into retirement as the S4 is reported to not be getting any OS updates beyond Lollipop and there are some aspects of Lollipop that I'm not too happy about.

0 Likes
coltonjdavis
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes