S6 bluetooth function turning itself off
serijoolz

Hi there,  As of the end of December, after a phone update, my bluetooth function randomly turns itself off and there's no way to turn it back on.  For example, I restart my phone, click on the bluetooth shortcut and push the slide bar to "on".  After roughly 10 mins, the bluetooth turns itself off.  If I then go into the bluetooth menu and physically slide the bar back to "on", I can visually watch it slide back to the "off" position within 1-2 seconds. From that point on, there's no turning the bluetooth back on without restarting the phone.

I have been to several android / samsung , etc forums and I'm not alone in this issue. Searching through this site, I see there does not seem to be a solution other than getting a new phone.

Some things I have tried:

Clearing cache of the bluetooth function

Clearing all temporary internet files

Clearing the partition

Booting in safe mode

Adding trusted devices

removing apps one by one to see if there's an app conflicting

Trying to connect to various bluetooth devices to see if there is any consistency with the device and the bluetooth turning off. I have run it connected to bluetooth headphones, my car, and a portable speaker - and I have left the bluetooth on while it has been connected to nothing.  There does not appear to be any correlation regardless of what it is connected to, whether I'm talking on the phone or streaming music. Even connected to nothing, it will turn itself off.

The only thing I haven't tried is a full factory reset but from what I have read around the internet and on this forum, this doesn't fix the problem. I'm hesitant to do a factory reset because it will mess up my work email app which will cause me a world of pain trying to get that installed and working again.  So, I don't want to do the reset unless someone can show me that it has worked for them.

Does anyone have any other ideas?  Verizon?

Phone info

samsung SM-G920V

Android version 6.0.1

security patch level Dec 1, 2016

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: S6 bluetooth function turning itself off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

serijoolz,

We want you to have a fully functioning device. The next best option would be to perform a Factory Reset on the device and not restore your information automatically but instead test the Bluetooth capabilities before doing a full restore of your information to the phone.

MahrizaM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: S6 bluetooth function turning itself off
goodnitesaigon

I have a similar issue. I've done everything listed above including a factory reset. It does not work. I also turned the phone in since it was considered to be malfunctioning and received a refurbished one. It does not work. If the BT does manage to enable it causes sporadic moments of freezing. I can't access anything. I also have my screen to lock after five minutes. If the BT stays connected it will lock and freeze the device after three minutes.

Also, after doing the factory reset I removed all extraneous apps. There are no credit card apps, shopping apps, games of any kind. I cannot even watch YouTube.

I sincerely hope this is handled with the 8.

0 Likes