S6 bad cell reception.
TrekScout

I have a Galaxy S6, 64gig. The mobile data reception is terrible. Most times I can't post to facebook or use other mobile data features because 4G shows a line through it. These are all in places where I had great reception with my old Galaxy S3 and where my husband's S5 has no problems. I'm about ready to take it back because reception is my #1 priority. Did I get a bad phone or are they all having this problem? Is the metal case interfering with the 4G signal? Yes, I did check, mobile data is enabled... not my first Android phone. Sometimes I can connect to mobile data but not often. I was standing right next to my husband's S5 he had 4G with 3 bars, I had No 4G (that's all it said, "4G with a line through it" it didn't say 3G or 1X)  and 2 bars and all mobile data activities would not work.

Frustrated!  My battery life sucks too, but if it is thrashing for a signal, this could explain the battery drain? 

Love the phone otherwise but reception has to work. Reception and coverage is why I stay with Verizon.  Also battery has to get me through 1 day, 12 15 hours or so without needing a charge!

0 Likes
Re: S6 bad cell reception.
TrekScout

Please disregard. Had my settings messed up. Solved both my battery issues and my mobile data issues. The Icons have changed on the S6 and I couldn't find stuff I thought I should know where to look for it.   Anyway, works great now!

0 Likes
Re: S6 bad cell reception.
heatherm
Enthusiast - Level 2

can you tell me what you did to help with these issues, i am having the same problems ???  which settings did you change??

0 Likes