S6 and Handsfree Honda bluetooth
c_heidecker
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had the s6 for almost a year and have had constant problems with bluetooth calls on my 2013 Honda CRV.  It's on the calls.  If it's just bluetooth audio it's fine.  The bluetooth will drop 4-5 times in a 30 minute drive and then reconnect in a few seconds.  I brought this up to Verizon a very long time ago and they said to turn off the wifi b/c it might be interfering and I have done this.  This has not fixed it.  It seems as my call jumps from cell tower to cell tower as a I drive, it's interfering with the bluetooth.

On a side note, I now have the s7 edge and successfully did the 30 minute drive two days in a row with no drops.  But on the third day it dropped once and I am very nervous I am going down the same road as the s6.  I can't put up with this issue again.

Does anyone have any ideas or insights as to what causes this?  Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S6 and Handsfree Honda bluetooth
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the fact that you are a handsfree driver. VZW  supports the handset hardware configuration when pairing with accessories purchased through Verizon Wireless. That being said we can troubleshoot the phone with another bluetooth device that was purchased at our store to ensure the phone pairs properly and works properly.

You may be able to check with Honda http://automobiles.honda.com/handsfreelink/ for support with the Samsung devices that are being paired with the CRV.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the fact that you are a handsfree driver. VZW  supports the handset hardware configuration when pairing with accessories purchased through Verizon Wireless. That being said we can troubleshoot the phone with another bluetooth device that was purchased at our store to ensure the phone pairs properly and works properly.

You may be able to check with Honda http://automobiles.honda.com/handsfreelink/ for support with the Samsung devices that are being paired with the CRV.

TamaraH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vdastoli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been having this problem with my s6 for a year.  NO ONE CAN FIX THIS FOR ME.  It has to be a samsung problem as other android phones connect to my car with no problem and remain connected.

I was hoping going to an s7 would fix this problem but clearly you're still having issues.  I agree with you, I will be mortified if I upgraded and this problem continued for the next 2 years of my contract.

I beg of you verizon, step up and tell us how to fix this.  I've done resets, I've cleared cache etc.

A year ago the solve was to remove all updates to the Android Web Page View application?  That actually worked for a while but then problems continued again since I can't keep this application subdued (upgrades itself constantly).

HELP PLEASE HELPPPPPPPP

Anyone with this issue please speak up the more of us that speak up about this MAY actually get verizon to acknowledge the problem and do something about it.

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to enjoy your hands free feature and I apologize for the inconvenience. Have you had a chance to reach out to Samsung directly:888-987-4357?

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes