S6 Edge 6.0 Update
scottjw1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bought 2 of these flagship phones on the day they came out in April 2015. The Note 5 came out after these phones BUT gets the update first. When can the S6 owners expect to get their update? Or is this a waiting game and by the time it comes out, it will be outdated and those who have the S6 will be forced to buy a new phone with the latest OS? This is really a joke on the part of Verizon.

Re: S6 Edge 6.0 Update
radar320
Contributor - Level 2

A lot of older phones on the Verizon network are already getting the marshmallow update.  I read in another post on here, that someone had talked to Verizon and was given a date of April 13th for the S6 and the S6 edge.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

scottjw1,

We understand the importance of wanting to have the benefits of getting a software update on your phone. Since the updates are released a different times for different devices it is possible to see some phones go a while without receiving an update. At this time we have no ETA on when the update will be released for the S6 Edge but you can check here http://vz.to/1EivXJl for updates.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ThomasPII
Enthusiast - Level 3

I find it hard to believe you guys have no clue when the update is going to be released. I think it's time to change providers. It's funny how the Internet seems to know but you guys don't. Clueless customer service seems to becoming the standard these days with Verizon. It's pretty bad that I have one of the newest Samsung's on the market and you're updating 3-4 year old phones before the newer ones. I guess since you guys have my money for the phone and service you could care less.

Chrispy41700

I've been researching the marshmallow update and it sounds like Samsung is dragging there feet not Verizon. But I do wish Verizon would light a fire under Samsung to get the update out faster.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would definitely not want to lose you because of any confusion over software releases. I definitely understand wanting to make sure that your device has the latest software available. When we release the newest Android software, it is always tested thoroughly to make sure it meets our high standards of quality. You can always keep abreast of the most recent software available by going to this link: http://vz.to/1PABezY
JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JRLittleJr
Contributor - Level 1

Amen. Preach it to these idiots in the customer service department.

0 Likes
JRLittleJr
Contributor - Level 1

Why April?  The update has already been released by Sprint. Can't blame this solely on Samsung.  Verizon is getting worse instead of better. I've been a customer for over 15 years and will be researching other carriers as I feel that Verizon doesn't give a damn about its customers.

0 Likes
scottjw1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Let's see, AT&T, Sprint, and hell, even T-Mobile haverizon either released it or have announced a release date. For a company that claims their services are better, it seems to really be lacking. Samsung has released the update to the same phone in other countries. They've even released the update for the update. The only Samsung phone for Verizon to have it is the Note 5. Really? Didn't the Note 5 come out after the S6/Edge? The answer is a resounding yes. I thought these were "flagship" phones. Really not treating them as such. As I stated in another comment, at the rate Verizon is moving on this, Android 7 will be out. And also at this speed, we won't see Android 7 until next year. Samsung released the update and the update to the update. I really don't see where it's Samsung more so than it being Verizon.

0 Likes
darksear
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon is pretty logical about releasing their updates.  The first update usually goes to the device that was released the latest and if nothing goes wrong with the rollout they release it for the next device.  Since the Note 5 received theirs about 5 days ago I think we'll have another 2 to 3 weeks before the S6 sees it.  I'm not sure if they're going to do a concurrent release to the s6 and s6 edge.

0 Likes