S6 Battery Drain after 6.01 Update
den821

I am experiencing the severe battery drain & slow running apps. Ever since the 6.01 update my phone on Aug 23rd.   Battery drains from a  full charge in 3 hrs & system apps running EXTREMELY SLOW  i.e any app in the settings + others. Cleared cache as instructed, put in safe mode for 2 days & no change whatsoever.  Called tech support again and was told to go to Verizon store, and all they did was try to sell me a new phone.  I had absolutely no problems before update.  Samsung says it's Verizon, and Verizon says it's Samsung. Now what do I do? Neither company wants to take responsibility, and I'm stuck with a phone that's pretty useless after a few hours.

0 Likes
Re: S6 Battery Drain after 6.01 Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

den821, I can see how this could certainly cause a frustrating situation. I want to ask you if there are any new applications that was recently added to the phone prior to the software update? We can also take a look at your device to see if there are any critical applications on the device that may need to be reviewed.

VeronicaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

The one thing I didn't see you do is a full device wipe which has always been recommended after a major software update.

0 Likes
Tonyh707

I've done the wipe to. Still battery is not functioning correct. Charged overnight and only gained 6%

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tonyh707,

Having a battery that is not performing to it's ability is a cause for concern. How long ago did you perform the update? Have you ran a device health check to see if it flags any possible causes? http://spr.ly/6582BfhmC

DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes