S6: After Marsmallow upgrade, I can no longer receive text messages in my car via bluetooth.
denver209

Prior to Marshmallow upgrade, I was able to receive and have read my text messages in my car.  The message would display and then be read by the car's audio system. After Marshmallow, this is no longer available.  The car's display under Text Messages says this feature is not available. It isn't a problem in the car. It happened immediately after I upgraded my Samsung S6 to Marshmallow.  Any ideas?  Car is 2016 Honda Accord.

0 Likes
Re: S6: After Marsmallow upgrade, I can no longer receive text messages in my car via bluetooth.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Denver209, having hand free while drving is very important. I want to make sure that we can do everything we can go get this feature back up and running for you. Do you have issues with making/receiving phone calls with your car bluetooth? Have you unpaired the device from your car and re-sync it? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: S6: After Marsmallow upgrade, I can no longer receive text messages in my car via bluetooth.
denver209

I can send and receive calls. I can also listen to media through Bluetooth. It is only receiving text messages that is the issue. My car has the ability to display and read those too and that worked great until I installed Marshmallow. Now my car reports that this feature is not enabled on my phone and I see no way to enable it on my S6. I unpaired several times to no avail. I did a factory reset in my car. No luck. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Alan

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone

0 Likes
denisemel
Enthusiast - Level 2

My reception is 1-2 bars for the last week or so.  I haven't seen all bars, even at work, other Verizon phones at office have same.  Did something happen?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely a great feature to have denver209. Thanks for the details and your efforts. Let's keep at this for you. Do you have power saving mode turned on with your phone? This can turn off some extra features to conserve battery with your phone. Please ensure this is turned off and see if you are then able to use this feature.

NicoleB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
denver209

I did try turning off power saving mode. I then reported phone to clear cache. Same problem. Just to add...I have a Samsung tablet running Lollipop. Power saving mode is turned on. I can receive texts in my car through Bluetooth from my tablet. So it has to be something in Marshmallow that is different. Annoying. Not convenient to have my tablet with me in my car.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

denver209,

Thanks for keeping us update. We appreciate you taking those steps to figure out what may be going on. Currently we have not been made aware of any specific changes or known issues similar to what you have experienced. It may be best to reach out to Samsung Support to determine if this is specific to the Marshmallow operating system.  http://www.samsung.com/us/support/

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes