S5 screen black during calls
duff_735
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I make or receive a call, my screen goes black. If I call somewhere I have to enter numbers while on the call I have to hit the home button to unlock my screen. If someone calls me I have to unlock the screen to hit the END button and hangup! This is maddening! WTH is going on here?

0 Likes
Re: S5 screen black during calls
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

While on a call, your phone screen should turn back on whenever you move it away from your face.  Have you ensured that the proximity sensor isn't blocked by a case or screen protector?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I always like to keep my screens clean on my phones, so  I use Cloths that u can use on eye glasses there the Best and the softest at not scratching a squirt of clean sprayed on the cloth that you can rub over the class will help keep your screen nice and shiny..

0 Likes
RavenFB2
Enthusiast - Level 1

whats going on is they took away a feature that was used in the S4... on the s4 there was an option where you could control if the screen stayed on or went black during a call. when they released the s5 they took away that luxury. i personally hate that they did that

0 Likes