S5 keeps randomly shutting off and restarting
PJSTECK
Enthusiast - Level 2

All of a sudden it started doing this, phone is a little warm but not hot. It's getting good irritating ,calls lost and things like that . It hasn't been dropped and is less than a year old, had 2 recent updates and one was yesterday but still does it any thought?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S5 keeps randomly shutting off and restarting
PJSTECK
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon took care of it being the phone is less than a year old and has no damage whatsoever

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sasartiglia

My wife's S5 also started randomly rebooting and freezing with the last update.  I would be interested in a solution as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want your phones to work properly. Have you tested the phone while in Safe Mode? http://spr.ly/6587BGjsS . It is very commom that an app installed in the phone would cause those issues. This is a great way to help confirm that. If the phone works properly while in Safe Mode, then you would want to uninstall third party apps and re-install one at a time to help ensure that issue does not happen once again.
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PJSTECK
Enthusiast - Level 2

This did not work I guess it's off to the Verizon store I go

0 Likes
Dorrin25

Better off going to Bestbuy, Samsung Experience...limited hours (they leave by 4pm) by the stores can't do much except tell you to call Asurian (if you have it). The warranty from Verizon requires a spotless, completely whole phone with no cosmetic damage at all.

0 Likes
PJSTECK
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon took care of it being the phone is less than a year old and has no damage whatsoever

0 Likes