S5 constantly dropping home network
kssams1
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I first got the phone back in December, it did fine.  Recently, it started having issues where it has been dropping the home network when I am using the phone.  It keeps telling me it's waiting for a better network connection even though the network connection is the best!  If I don't use the phone and just watch it, it won't do that.  I tried doing a factory reset, which seemed to help for a while, but it started again.  Did another factory reset, but that didn't help this time.  Any clue what is going on?

0 Likes
Re: S5 constantly dropping home network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is right here, front and center kssams1! Let's get your s5 working properly. May I ask are you not able to connect to the Verizon network or your home wifi network? Can I assume that there isn't any liquid/physical damage on the device? Is this the only issues that you are experiencing? As you share the details then we can troubleshoot together.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Snn5
Legend
kssams1
Enthusiast - Level 3

It just does this on my home network.  I will try the suggestion of turning off the smart network search and see how that does.  It definitely runs the battery down with that constant searching.  Thanks!

0 Likes
kssams1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks...will give this a try.

billpeterson68

I have this problem with the S5 that I just got. I stopped in at Best Buy and someone from the Samsung area said this is a known issue with a Verizon update. Can someone from Verizon comment on that and when a fix is expected to get pushed out? Or is there one that can be side-loaded in the interim?

I did turn off the smart network search setting but that did not help.

0 Likes